Mesa Boogie F-50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie F-50

Anyone have any experience with the F series Mesa?Likes,Dislikes?......
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

I had an F-30 combo for a couple years. It was a really nice amp, great clean channel, plenty of gain on the second channel. I also really dug the fact that it had a separate reverb for each channel, and it could get pretty damn loud, too! I sold it on ebay a few months ago because I got a Boss GT-8 and have other amps and wasn't playing it enough any more.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have the F-50 and I LOVE it, everything about it.
      Yeah... what Toe said. LOL!

-Em

Comment

I had an F50 for a while, but sold it recently. The clean channel is great, no question. Very full and sparkly and plenty loud for a band situation with no breakup (unless you wanted it to using the gain knob). The gain channel on it's own had a flubby bottom end IMO, and the highs could be shrill (played through a recto standard 4x12 or recto 2x12). On the other hand, the amp could do a really convincing Marshall type crunch using the contour mode, gain low, mids up past 3 o'clock, with an SD1 in front (level high, gain low). Because of the shrill highs, I had to be very careful with the treble knob... basically, I had to use the mid knob for highs if that makes sense.

I could never really get a pleasing tone out of the amp and after a year of fiddling with it, sold it. My Single Recto killed it in all areas except build quality... they are both outstanding in that department.

Comment

Working...
        X