• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switching wah pedals... Boss to Morley

I have the Boss V-WAH

thinking of switching to...

l

i'm guessing i could trade straight up for one at a music store I go to locally. I like almost everything about the V-Wah except it is not a true by- pass which is the most important thing to me. It has tons of features, however I'm more of a basic no nonsense person. My question would be... if i'm going for a basic "MORLEY" pedal is this a good one? does anyone already own one? thanks for any help.
    Last edited by semagic; 04-26-2006, 01:29 PM.
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

If you are going from Boss to Morley you should look at the Morley Bad Horsie 2.
    Its a contour wah so its simple yet adjustable. Step on and its on, let go and its off. There is no switch. Its fantastic and extremely transparent when its not on. Built like a tank too.
    Dunlop also makes some no frills true bypass wah's but for stock... Morley is the best IMHO.
    I am not a fan of the Morley PVW. It doesn't sound that great. Actually, I don't like anything about it.
    The Boss wah that you have is excellent (although its fairly complicated). It has a very good buffer circuit in it that really makes it transparent even though its not true bypass.
    If you want to get rid of it let me know. I'll trade you straight up for my Morley Bad Horsie 2. Its in great condition. I need a rotary sound and the Boss PW-10 has one.

Comment

Well, we are trading wahs. Most of you know how good the Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah is so when I get the Boss PW-10 I will post a full review. It should be interesting.

Comment

Are the new Morley Horsies a huge step up from the 1st gen? I had an original Horsie. It was thin and soulless. I was used to my buddy's 70's era Crybaby he would let me borrow.

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina
          Are the new Morley Horsies a huge step up from the 1st gen? I had an original Horsie. It was thin and soulless. I was used to my buddy's 70's era Crybaby he would let me borrow.
          The Bad Horsie 2 is a contour wah similar to the DUnlop 535Q

Its a fantastic wah. Next to my custom fully modded GCB-95 Crybaby's I think its the best stock wah currently available that isn't $300.00.

And to answer your question.. yes, its a huge step up from the original.

Comment

Working...
          X