Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a good brand of rack mount cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good brand of rack mount cases?

Hey everyone. I recently purchased some rack gear and I' m wondering what would be a good brand of rackmount cases to actually put these in? ATA, SKB, Gator, etc., there's so many choices and prices. Please enlighten me. Thanks.

I've always got the Road Ready stuff and been happy with it.

Comment

Mesa Boogie shock racks.

I've owned Anvil, Calzone, etc. The only thing I still use the Boogie.
      ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

I've got SKB and Gator. Both are great. I have the SKB shock mount case. The rack is suspended by braided steel coils. The advantage to these cases over foam insulation types, is this space allows natural cooling to occur. The only drawback is that these cases tend to be on the large side. Gator makes excellent cases as well and I have gone to Gator's for the guitars I build exclusively.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll be sure to check them out.

Comment

Gator?
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by NunoSoWylde
              Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll be sure to check them out.
              Gator?

http://www.gatorcases.com/
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

SKB - Cheap, but they have always proved to be reliable.

Comment

I got my eye on an Odyssey that looks good!
                  I love admins!

Comment

I had a 3 year old SKB and it got konked really really hard and the metal framing was pretzel-o-fied not to mention my power amp. Actually the case took the hit pretty well. I called SKB they gave me a return number and replaced it within a month with a brand new one. Nice!

Comment

Ive got an odyssey 6 space and the thing is a tank....havent brought it on the road yet, but its built to last
                      www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

I second (or third) SKB ... not sure about Gator, but they look good.
                        My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

SKB. Yes, but....

My SKB is the 4 space plastic with the big side handles. I love it and it's rugged and weather proof. Be advised that the SKB's with the "X" indentions on the face can limit what you put where in it. Example the face doesn't have enoug room to put my Furman with pull out lights in the second from top position. The lights hit the "X" indention and the top wont shut. I am sure it's the same with some Korg tuners and wireless units too. Heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by mpigott
                            Ive got an odyssey 6 space and the thing is a tank....havent brought it on the road yet, but its built to last
                            How much did you pay for it??
                            I love admins!

Comment

Hey, everyone. I decided on a road ready 12 unit deluxe rack with the optional caster wheels. I got a good deal on the pair (best offer on ebay).

Comment

Working...
                              X