TC Electronis G Major users.. what do you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Electronis G Major users.. what do you think

I'm really thinking on buying one of these to use with my Mesa Rectoverb combo. I'm wanting to hear from people that have or have had these to see how they like them and how user friendly they are. I'd also like to know what midi controllers you might be using and how easy it is to program the whammy functions.... any information and opinions would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to find out as much as possible before I spend the cash.

thanks!!

I really loved mine, it was simple to program and use the whammy functions (which sounded good, but you had to hold that heel down to make it sound good playing the original, non octave up stuff). Paired with my 5150/Single Recto (Depending on when I had it) and FCB1010 controller, it was a beast!

My small gripe, and I have this with all Recto's, is the loop tends to alter the tone a bit, and I hated that.

Comment

Thanks for the info! The FCB1010 is the Behringer controller isn't it? We're you able to access the tuner function and have it displayed on the footcontroller?

Thanks!

Comment

That's all I ever use now. The G-Major is one neat machine!
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

No, with the Behringer, you can't have the tuner displayed on the board.

Actually, I don't think you can with any midi controller, can you? Maybe with the G-Minor?

I had one of my buttons set as a tuner mute, though, so you just hit that and turn around - the display is very, very clear, even on a dark stage I found.

Actually, I never use my FCB1010 with anything these days, so if anyone wants it, make me an offer!

Comment

Email me at [email protected] and let me know what you might want for it. I have a couple deals going on right now that won't be finished up until the end of the week so I'll need to make sure I have enough funds to get the G major first.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
              That's all I ever use now. The G-Major is one neat machine!
              What kind of amp are you running with it?

Comment

The G-major is great. Too bad it doesn't have a Wah though.
                The only down side I could see in your rig is that IMHO.. Rectifiers lose alot of their tone when something... anything.. is plugged into the loop.

Comment

I've gotten a few compliments from sound guys on how clean my effects are with the G-Major. When they see it they've never heard of it. They're aren't too many players around here sporting one. Seems pedals are the in thing. I'm a Tidy Cat and have never been one for having several stompboxes and cables at my feet. I've seen some clean pedal board rigs but I still prefer the G-Major and how easily I can switch from tastes of delay, reverb, etc.. without turning knobs on the floor.
                  I got mine new in 2002. Last year I sent it to the shop for a $100 overhaul. It's been well worth the initial cost and repair cost. It's paid for itself a few times over.

Comment

I've had mine for about 2 years. My only gripe are the dials needed to tweak the parameters--they rather suck. I never had a chance to really play with mine, I found about 10 sounds I liked and use just those. I do use the fcb1010 as my midicontroller.

joe...
                    www.godwentpunk.com
                    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

My Uber seems to like it!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer
                        What kind of amp are you running with it?
                        For the most part, I'm running the G-Major into a Sanamp PSA-1 (love these things), then into a VHT 2/90/2 Amp into 2 Marshall 4-12 cabs. Also I'll ocassionally run it into a JCM 800 2210 Marshall and a Marshall 1987X, then into the 2 cabs.

Oh yea, since the subject regarding a BBE Sonic Maximizer post in this section, I have the 442a just before the VHT power amp. It does a great job equalizing the tone.
                        Last edited by Bengal65; 04-24-2006, 10:14 AM.
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                        X