Vetta 2.5 trouble HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetta 2.5 trouble HELP!!!!

OK, I figured I would wait until the Line 6 edit v3 was complete before I upgraded my vetta 2 to 2.5. Well, v3 is out so I downloaded it and also upgraded the firmware for the vetta. I never got through the install. It went all the way to the end and said, "hit the edit button to return the vetta to normal. I did. nothing happened. It said, if it doesn't go back to normal, turn it off then on. I did that. The main screen fired up blank. It said if that doesn't work to reinstall the software, but this happens everytime.

Has anyone else had any problems with upgrading to 2.5? I have a sick feeling in my gut.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

I had to reload it three times before it worked.

How many times did you try?

Comment

I think that is typical of updates.. I don't own a Vetta but I see it happen all the time when I download on MSN updates..sometimes it takes more than once. Your going from server file directly to your amp. If you make backups you shouldn't have an issue.

eh..toss a few logs under it and start a fire.. tubes baby!

Comment

Move along. Nothing to see here.

I got it. I did it like 5 or 6 times. Turns out it was a bad midi cable.

"eh..toss a few logs under it and start a fire.. tubes baby! "

I think the Vetta is a great piece of gear, but the more I think about about it, I think my Stiletto is moving up to my main rig for gigging. As good as the Vetta is, I'm really diggin my G major with the Stiletto.

Comment

Hahaha, you forgot about the Hitchhiker's Motto: "Don't Panic!"
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yeah i had a vetta 2 head and sold it to get my tri amp. the technology just isn't there yet. at least that's how it seemed to me.

Comment

Uh oh, Rickstar, get ready to be steamrolled by jgcable!

Just go hear to read his manic praise on the Vetta:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53475
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                Uh oh, Rickstar, get ready to be steamrolled by jgcable!

Just go hear to read his manic praise on the Vetta:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53475
                yeah, I got mine. It hurts to walk. JG"vetta"cable you still rock. But.......I still enjoy my Single Rectoverb 50 with no regrets KISS (keep it simple stupid) is my motto.

Comment

i predict that the next vetta will run on windows :ROTF:

Comment

AND HERE I COME.... CHOO>>>CHOO>>>>

Here is a classic statement:

"yeah i had a vetta 2 head and sold it to get my tri amp. the technology just isn't there yet. at least that's how it seemed to me."

The technology is here. BIGTIME.
                    I would pit my Vetta against any amplifier on the planet in any genre of music in any environment. I like the tri amp. Its a great piece of gear. Its just one of the presets in my Vetta. The Stiletto??? Great amp. One of the best Boogies to come out since the Mark IV. Its another preset in my Vetta. Its so easy to dial in clone tones to any amplifier ever made with the Vetta. Regarding the G-Major??? I have one. Its great. Too bad it doesn't have a wah or nearly as many effects as the Vetta has. Its still a nice effects processor. I love mine.

If you are the type of player who likes to keep it simple... guitar/cord/amp/cabinet and you really only need 1 or 2 tones with no effects at all, STAY AWAY FROM THE VETTA. Its a complete waste of money to have all those features and never use them. For the other 99% of us that needs as much as possible at our feet at a gig, the Vetta is the amp. Version 2.5.
                    Amazing.
                    Hopefully I am getting my Soldano back from the studio tomorrow. Man I miss that amp. I think I am a bi-polar amp whore.

Comment

Originally posted by sambencuda
                      OK, I figured I would wait until the Line 6 edit v3 was complete before I upgraded my vetta 2 to 2.5. Well, v3 is out so I downloaded it and also upgraded the firmware for the vetta. I never got through the install. It went all the way to the end and said, "hit the edit button to return the vetta to normal. I did. nothing happened. It said, if it doesn't go back to normal, turn it off then on. I did that. The main screen fired up blank. It said if that doesn't work to reinstall the software, but this happens everytime.

Has anyone else had any problems with upgrading to 2.5? I have a sick feeling in my gut.
                      Jim, call me up the next time you have a problem with the Vetta. I'll help you out bro!! JG

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                        Jim, call me up the next time you have a problem with the Vetta. I'll help you out bro!! JG
                        I know. I should have done that first. Thank God it was only a bad midi cable.

I have to say that this is a whole new amp for me now. The wahs alone were worth the price of admition.

I go through a tone of gear and guitars, but the Vetta is like a standard. I can't ever see being without it. Unless something really cool comes along! :ROTF:

Comment

I know. I should have done that first. Thank God it was only a bad midi cable.

I have to say that this is a whole new amp for me now. The wahs alone were worth the price of admition.

I go through a tone of gear and guitars, but the Vetta is like a standard. I can't ever see being without it. Unless something really cool comes along! :ROTF:
                          Yea... REALLY COOL. Its a standard for me too. The wahs are incredible. I am especially liking the ducking delay. I am starting to figure out what it is. Who ever came up with it is one sick fuck. Have you tried the new DI's??? They are supposed to be as good as the XT. I believe it.

Comment

Well, if the DI's are as good as the XT, I'll probably get rid of my XT. Thats the only reason I ever kept it.

Comment

Well, if the DI's are as good as the XT, I'll probably get rid of my XT. Thats the only reason I ever kept it.
                              I recorded with it today. The DI's on the Vetta 2.5 are awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X