Shreddy Neck Pickup for RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shreddy Neck Pickup for RR

I have an RR Pro (neck-through, Floyd) with an X2N in the bridge and nothing in the neck. What would go well with the X2N? Seems like there's too many options from dimarzio Evolution, Super Distortion or duncan Full Shred, Distortion and tons of others.

I don't care what the clean tone sounds like, just want a badass distorted neck tone a la Sykes, Moore, etc.

I can really recommend the Duncan Distortion... my buddy has dual Distortions in his RR Pro and it is awesome in both positions. The neck sounds really fat and creamy, way better than we expected when we put these pickups in.
    It think the Distortion matches especially well with hot bridge pickups because it has fairly high output.

Disclaimer: I'm no expert and didn't have the chance to try any Dimarzio yet.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

X2Ns work very well with a Super 2! The Super 2 is the only pup I'll use in the neck with either an X2N, Super D or Super 3 in the bridge.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Super 2 is a great choice. The Evolution is another.
        The Super 2 would be my first choice.

Comment

believe it or not.. a JB works well in the neck p/u pos...very powerful

Comment

Dimarzio Super Distortion gets my Vote. I know it is not recommended but I have an X2n in the neck with another X2n and it sounds pretty damn good. The old Ibanez X series from the 80's had this setup from the factory.

Comment

I have a v-type peavey with humbucker from hell in the neck with coil split in the neck and a super distortion in the bridge. I can get dang near any tone I want with it.

Comment

I would also recommend the Super 2, which also happens to be what the guys from Dimarzio recommended to me also

Comment

Interesting we have ideas ranging from super 2 to another X2N. I'll give this some more thought when I'm sober! Hell yeah friday night

Comment

Working...
                  X