modded my vintage MXR Chorus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modded my vintage MXR Chorus...

Had issues with the MXR chorus giving a volume boost when I kicked it on. Well, the louder my amp is, the worse it is. Would be great if I only used it for solos, but I'd like to use it for rhythms too, and not be forced into times I could use it.

So....

Wired up a 10k pot. Placed it where the second output was, so I didn't have to drill a hole. Carefully desoldered the original wiring, and didn't cut anything, so I can put it back to bone stock easily. One lug of the pot went to the output of the effect (from the switch) other lug goes to the switch, last lug is grounded.

Now I have a variable gain on the effect level only. I can crank it up and get a volume boost, or have it where it's the same level, which is what I wanted in the first place. And if I put it back to stock, you won't be able to tell it was ever modded.

I know these choruses aren't worth a lot on the used market (yet) but I hate putting extra holes in vintage pedals or amps or doing mods that can't be reversed easily.

Pete

Great idea, Pete! Most of us tech-challenged folk would've scratched our heads and sold it for a different chorus. And who knows, got the same problem, or worse, a volume CUT, on the nect one!

Kudos for the graceful mod too. Can't imagine you'd want to put it back, but you can if you want and no scar.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X