posted a question about this, musta been a busy day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• posted a question about this, musta been a busy day

Until I get my Vetta, I'm going to use my ME33 into my half stack. When you guys that use the processors into the front of your amp, how do you determine the output of the processor? I've basically been trying to adjust the output of the processor to match how loud the amp is without it. Anyone have any insight on if there is a "standardized optimal" output level for a processor? Also, can having the output level too high or too low on the processor damage the input on the amp? Lotta questions, but I dont wanna screw anything up the first time I use it on my amp.

Thanks
    www.myspace.com/madeaband
    www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Originally posted by tseegert
    Until I get my Vetta, I'm going to use my ME33 into my half stack. When you guys that use the processors into the front of your amp, how do you determine the output of the processor? I've basically been trying to adjust the output of the processor to match how loud the amp is without it. Anyone have any insight on if there is a "standardized optimal" output level for a processor? Also, can having the output level too high or too low on the processor damage the input on the amp? Lotta questions, but I dont wanna screw anything up the first time I use it on my amp.

Thanks
    If you are using your half stack to power the ME33 you should run 1 cable from the output on the ME33 to the effects return on your amp. This way you can control the output from the ME33.
    If you are putting it in front of the clean channel on your half stack you should turn the ME33 up 1/2 way and turn the 1/2 stack master volume up until you have the correct volume level. Also, try to set the EQ on the amplifier at around the 50% level on all frequencies and adjust to your ears.

Comment

Thanks Jg, I'll try both ways tomorrow night
      www.myspace.com/madeaband
      www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

Working...
      X