Line 6 Favorite tone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Favorite tone?

Any line 6 fans out there? What is your favorite tone preset?
    Mine is the Vetta II Chaotic Bottom

Vetta II "Where were you" with a Strat......
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

For a straight up untweaked factory patch I like Satchs Alien.
      The new high gain Soldano 2.5 patch is also outstanding.
      For clean you can't go wrong with Trademark Clean.

Comment

Powerball is cool ..

I have one setup BigBottom/Chunk Chunk that I like ...
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

The twins is a badass factory just barely dirty

And the "pedal between 2 " is pretty killer also.

I have simply come to the conclusion, it just doesnt get any better than the Vetta for 99% of us. At any cost.

Shawn
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I have an old Line6 AX2. I have one bank of 4 presets that I could live with practicing forever. I think they're all based upon Fender Blackface with the lead having a distortion pedal added to it.

Comment

on my pod 2.0 i tend to prefer the jcm800 and modern higain models, both run through the 410 bassman cab (all the others sound muffled imho) and boosted with a tubescreamer.

btw, the kataklysm dude gets a kickass sound out of his flextone heads. when i saw them live last week he had the best tone of that night, exactly like their latest record. now, i don't know whether he actually used the flextone (at least he's been using it for quite some time), but if so he surely used it for recording the latest record, too.

Comment

I like the Insane patch for metal.. I used it with my flextone IIHD head and I am using it with my XTL. Only gripe is that it starts to sound like loud noise when I turn it up around 12:00. I am thinking backing off on the gain a tad might solve that problem.

Are the metal packs worth downloading?
                Last edited by Thor Von Clemson; 04-18-2006, 03:33 PM.
                Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn
                  The twins is a badass factory just barely dirty

And the "pedal between 2 " is pretty killer also.

I have simply come to the conclusion, it just doesnt get any better than the Vetta for 99% of us. At any cost.

Shawn
                  I agree with you Shawn. Especially after upgrading to 2.5. Its amazing.

Comment

Thanks guys!! never knew there was a 2.5 patch

Comment

Originally posted by quakana
                      Thanks guys!! never knew there was a 2.5 patch
                      Be prepared to be BLOWN AWAY. Everything you could ever want and hope for that wasn't included in the original Vetta is in version 2.5.
                      How about a 0-12db boost assignable to a footswitch and also available globally??

How about several different killer wahs?

How about a whammy pedal??

How about tons more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPGRADE...... NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The upgrade is awesome! It completely changed the sound for the better!
                        I'm in love with the Uber model on the 2.5 upgrade!

Comment

The Bogner Ecstasy and Uberschall models are both sweet as hell ... as well as the triple recto

-a

Comment

I use the JCM800 & Soldano models on the Fletone III, and it was pretty much the same on the old Flextone too. I also liked the Mesa Mark II on the POD - I miss having that one around...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson
                              I use the JCM800 & Soldano models on the Fletone III, and it was pretty much the same on the old Flextone too. I also liked the Mesa Mark II on the POD - I miss having that one around...
                              Chris, I believe the new Soldano patch for the Vetta is based on the X88R which is the same as the Flextone III. It is truly killer. So is the new Marshall JCM2000 model. Its the best Marshall based model I have ever heard.

Comment

Working...
                              X