Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldano Super lead 60?

Hi,

I can manage to sell a few stuff I dont use and buy one of these amps. I heard they where made overseas. Is this true?

But the most important is, does it sound good? Have anyone tried it? Reviews on HC are very different from 1 to 1.

Would I do good for one of those heads in *mint condition* @ 600 usd?

Yes, the SL-60 was contracted to Yamaha for manufacture in Japan. Every SL-60 I have played and heard (only 2 or 3 of them) sounded great IIRC.

Comment

Was it comparable to the HR-50?

Comment

The Yamaha T-50s and T-100s that were also made in conjunction with Soldana go for $400 and up on Ebay, so I'd imagine the actual Soldano branded one would be worth $600 in mint shape. You may not be getting a steal, I don't know, but it seems like it'd be well worth that.

BTW, I have heard that Soldano will work on the Yamaha T-series amps, so I'm sure they'll accept one with their name on it. As for comparisons to the HRs, I suggest trying the amp and seeing if you dig the sound. I imagine even if you opt for something else later, you can probably get your money back or even make a little if you keep it mint.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I have never heard a bad thing said about the SL60. Actually, everything Soldano touches is great.

Comment

Working...
          X