Hey Vetta owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Vetta owners?

Anyone ever own one of the Variax models? Thoughts?

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Bump.Noone has ever played a Variax with their Vetta?

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Yes and Yes .. Shawn I actually have one I built from Warmoth parts.. I hated the 500 feel .. what would you like to know
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Just when I thought the Vetta couldn't get better. It did. Version 2.5 is incredible. Assignable 0-12db boost on any channel, the best wah's I ever heard, loudness and presence controls, ducking reverb, better tuner, fletcher-munson is now addressed so you can set your levels at bedroom loudness and when you turn them up at the gig they sound just as good, a whammy pedal!!!, the Soldano X88R!!!, some more fantastic boutique models and more!!!! I am truly blown away. The new high gain Soldano model seriously gives my real Soldano a run for its money.
        Wow,,,wow...wow...!!!

Comment

Agreed 110% John .. I've been really messing with the knobs a lot more in the last few days..they have certainly pulled the harshness out of the amp

My Variax is currently in pieces getting painted so I haven't been able to check it out with the new software yet ... I'm dying to see if there is much of a difference ...
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

So Kev, you took the electronics out of a Variax, and had it put into a different guitar?

Shawn
            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

A Variax is my next investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn
                So Kev, you took the electronics out of a Variax, and had it put into a different guitar?

Shawn

Yes sir .. I had bought an original V500 and I absolutetly hated the way it played and felt so I sold it 2 days after getting it ..

When Warmoth decided to do strat bodies for the 500 they had the 1st prototype in the sale area and I decided to grab it and try that route.. this was WAY before they came out with the 700 ... Anyway the Warmoth plays so much better that I like the Variax now ..

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday
                  Yes sir .. I had bought an original V500 and I absolutetly hated the way it played and felt so I sold it 2 days after getting it ..

When Warmoth decided to do strat bodies for the 500 they had the 1st prototype in the sale area and I decided to grab it and try that route.. this was WAY before they came out with the 700 ... Anyway the Warmoth plays so much better that I like the Variax now ..
                  OK......So Warmoth makes bodies that are setup to recieve the Variax electronics........

I played a 600 and it was pretty nice actually. Greg Bartock from Heart played one last week when I say them and sounded great. I dont really understand what the Variax does though, to be honest.

Do you play your normal patches on the Vetta with the Variax, and they sound different? And I see variax preset patches on the Vetta, do they only work with the Variax?
                  Last edited by Shawn; 04-18-2006, 11:48 AM.
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

yes ..they make Strat and tele bodies for the 500 and strat bodies for the 300 I think it was

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn
                      OK......So Warmoth makes bodies that are setup to recieve the Variax electronics........

I played a 600 and it was pretty nice actually. Greg Bartock from Heart played one last week when I say them and sounded great. I dont really understand what the Variax does though, to be honest.

Do you play your normal patches on the Vetta with the Variax, and they sound different? And I see variax preset patches on the Vetta, do they only work with the Variax?
                      The Variax is a 'Vetta' guitar. It has several guitars modeled, including a banjo, sitar and acoustics.

The Variax patches in the Vetta are geared to certain Variax models. They have an acoustic patch, banjo patch, etc.

The really cool thing is you can store a guitar model with a patch. You can be wailing away on a Les Paul model thru a Soldano, then bang hit a foot switch and you hve a telle thru a fender. For example I use it for Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi when I play live.

I have had a variax since day one and they are a great tool in adding to your tone pallet. I find myself using when I'm recording all the time. I need to buy a warmoth body and neck and swap it over, I think I would use it evern more.

Comment

Working...
                      X