Pod Xt Proooooooooooo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pod Xt Proooooooooooo

Is anybody using a POD XT Pro? I was going to buy one for my rack but I'm not sure how I'd like it. When I listen to clips on the internet it sounds hoaky but maybe that's just my PC. I've had a JMP one and I liked it. I just don't want a honky or loapy sounding distortion. Typically I NEVER use pedals for that reason, they can tend to be artificial with higher notes/chords. I've always prefered to play straight through. But I just can't play loud anymore so I need something with effects that I can plug phones into.

Ya know man, I've used almost every Line 6 unit and I've found the same thing, but this is just me. It sounds great initially, but after a few months I don't care for the tones and I can never find anything that gets me excited about playing (Spiders, Flextones and XTL). Now others on this board have been using this stuff and love it still, so this might be something you should try with the musiciansfriend or whatever's return policy. It does sound great however when I recorded with it (did 2 demos and they sound great), but live I didn't like the way it came out. Maybe I needed different speakers in my cab to go with that unit (V30 loaded Randall was my cab), but it wasen't keeping my interest. Maybe one of the other guys here can help you out more. I think John has one he still uses, but not sure

Comment

I have the XTL and love it.

Basically what it all comes down to is presets.
      If you stick to the stock patches, you're going to be disappointed.
      If you dig in and really finesse things, you're going to get good results. If you surf the Line 6 boards, there are people sharing their patch banks, and have some very excellent tones.

-a

Comment

Same here, I'm pretty happy with the xtl but I'm using patches from other people that I've since tweaked. Sounds best to me with headphones or straight into the computer but I also use it in front of a combo.

Comment

I don't know what an XTL is? Maybe I'd be better off skipping the rack version and getting the kidney bean looking one. Is there anything better for a home playin/practiceing dillio? Don't say that suck ass tascam suck ass suck ass thing cdgtmk-suxass. I had that and was ready to piss on it in 15 minutes. I'll probably grab and Engl preamp now but I need a POD Like thing.

Comment

XTL is shorthand for Pod XT Live. I traded my kidney bean Pod XT in on an XTL and have never regretted it.

Comment

XTL vs XT PRO? Which one is better?

Comment

Same thing I think, just in rackmount vs. floor unit. The Pro might also have more outs, but I'm not sure on that

Comment

XTPro has more input/output options.

I love mine. I like the tone that I get out of it but, I really don't use it in a traditional sense. I don't run it out of full range speakers. Instead, I am using a pair of Genz Benz 2x12's and occasionally use a g-major in the loop. The thing that I really like about it is that I don't have to crank the shit out of it inorder to get a good tone. At low volume is it really good. You can overdrive the shit out of them too.

The main problem that I have experienced with them is configuration. One person can make a patch and it would just sound ripping. Then, you move the patch onto another persons setup and it just sounds like ass.

The best thing about it is the computer interface for modifying patches.

-Nate
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Is the XT Pro a preamp as well? I can run guitar>PODXT PRO>Power amp but not with the XTL?

Comment

You can run any of the Pod's straight to a power amp. Run through a flat response PA speaker, and you've got some serious tone

-a

Comment

Try using a POD XTL with a Crate powerblock... cheap, loud, giggable rig!

Comment

Working...
                        X