MXR Wylde Overdrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR Wylde Overdrive

hey guys. does anybody own one of these pedals? if so, what are your thoughts and how does it sound?

thanks, chris

It's pretty good, a little more low end than a Boss SD-1, but there's not a huge difference between the two. If you use an SD-1 and are happy not much of a need to upgrade. I don't have mine hooked up right now, I'm using my SD-1.

J.

Comment

I tried one out over a weekend, wasn't super-impressed. Really thinned out the sound and was a very noisy pedal.

Comment

got it, love it, slams the front end of a Marshall like no other....... More boost and bottom than the SD1.
        "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

I have one and it's real good in front of my JCM 800...but not really much better/different than a $40 SD1.

Comment

Its a great pedal for slamming the front end of a tube amp. Just dial the gain down a little on your tube amp and dial the gain up a bit on the pedal.
            I personally think its worthless in front of a SS amp.

With that said... get a stock SD-1. Its cheaper and almost the identical.
            My choice would be the Ibanez TS9DX. The different modes really make it versatile.
            Also check out the DOD 250 and the YJM 308 if you want to hit your preamp tubes in the mouth.

Comment

It's one of my favorite OD's. It's somewhat similar to an SD-1 but has way more gain and drive and doesn't steal away all the low end. It's also true bypass. One thing I've noticed is it doesn't thin out the sound as much as an SD-1 or Tubescreamer. I paid $60 for mine on Ebay. If you're thinking about buying new also look into the Maxon OD808.

Comment

I didn't know the ZW-44 had a hardwire bypass. Thats cool info.

Comment

thanks alot guys. i'm gonna try the boss sd-1.

Comment

Working...
                  X