Fender 65 Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender 65 Deluxe

I've owned a Fender 65 Deluxe for a while now. I've played it with my Fender Strat, my Les Paul, and I like it quite a bit. I've only recently bought my first Jackson (within the last few months).

I'm wondering if anyone else here plays their Jackson through a Fender Amp. Have you made any modifications?

(Yes, I know that the amp is a bit of a mismatch with Jacksons, but since I've spent quite a bit for amps *I also have a Roland* and guitars in the last year, I'm not in the market for another one.)

First, you can use any guitar for anything you want. You can do more with J/Cs than just play metal.

I sometimes play through a Fender amp. Depends what sound you want. If you want ultra-high gain, forget it, you're not likely to get the sound you want no matter what effects you use. For clean and slightly overdriven tone, you can't beat a Fender. I use it for blues and classic rock.

Comment

A-hem ... new MetalHead and Super-Sonic amps are high gain, unless I'm mistaken.
      My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

They are high gain

I believe the MH is 150 watts. Unfortunately (or, furtunately) I'm not in the market for one of those.

With the vintage amps, you lose gain and the mids. It's a trade off.

Comment

I play my Charvel with a JB jr in the neck position through a Victoria tweed Deluxe. The only mods are an Eminence 'Red Fang' and 'Anayysis Plus' internal speaker wire. You should see the look on guys faces when a HRFed Charvie gets pulled out at blues jams who don't know me and the foolishness which I champion when it comes to guitar.

Comment

I just sold my fender deluxe 85 that I had for 20 years or so (for the same as I paid for it even!!). I used it mainly for a clean amp with a pedal in front for distortion. It was a real workhorse for me, solid state and light weight but used mainly for jazz, lessons, and jamming without a drummer. Good amp for what it was but I figured it was time for it's retirement and replacement with a small tube combo.

Comment

Working...
            X