Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend a decent combo, loud enough for rehersal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the Peavey XXX combo solid state wise if Peavey prices aren't jacked up over there.

Comment

Behringer stuff is cheap and sells well on ebay if he doesnt end up keeping it.Their combos are really quite sturdy and sound killer.Their modeling is just as good as the line 6 stuff and are easier to use IMO.Lots of headroom midi in out outstanding fx loop no drop out between channel-fx switchings.The V-ampire combo is really a great bang for the buck.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

+1 on the Tech 21 Trademark 60. They are also quite light weight, so you may wish to consider buying from the US and having it shipped of it gets your friends interest.

The Marshall VST 50 watt 1x12" combo also does a reasonably convincing job of emulating its big brother.

Comment

As mentioned in an earlier post, if, your gonna go with a 1x12 combo which is fine, do as recommended and go with a 60 watter. It infact does give that extra headroom that at some point you will need.

Personally, I recommend a 2x12 combo. You can't or won't go wrtong with a 2x12 combo. I'm old school so all the feature rich stuff doesn't appeal to me much, since I use pedal to help shape my tone/sound. I'm a plain jane person with amps and some gear. Having a hundred plus effects with the amp is a complete waste to me and pretty means nothing to me either.
          I learned this the hard way a long time ago.

Anyways, just MAKE SURE its got a good clean and lead channel. Name brand and loyality, doesn't mean much to me. I go with what my wallet can afford and mostly what my ear likes best. Even it if means spending and extra $200 bucks to please my ear. I've learned this hard way too.

A 2x12, is great for all occasions really.
          Great a low volumes for apartment, den, bedroom playing.
          And wonderful for the rehearsel and gig scenarios.
          The best of both worlds.
          Best money I ever spend was, when I down sized and went with a 2x12 combo.

Take your time, shop around and read reviews at harmony central and musicians friend, they can be helpful.

My recommendation for your budget range, would be it least check out Peavys 2x12 transtube. Very affordable, super loud, good clean sound when you wanna clean it up, very flexable and versatile combo amp.
          Also, I think the Line6 flextone and spider 2x12 series are nicely priced.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

for decent cheap solid state its hard to beat the transtube stuff from Peavey, the MG series from Marshall is decent as well, a little pricier, and most novice players just get off on having a "Marshall" even if it is solidstate korean made. Line 6 spider series amps are a good amp for the money, although, personally I would not go for a Modeling amp with lots of effects,novice players spend more time playing with settings than learning how to play better.
            Last edited by FusionFarmer; 04-05-2006, 02:23 PM.
            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
            X