Ada MP1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ada MP1?

Im always shopping around for new treats, and was wondering if anyone could offer comments on this preamp unit. Good/bad...... And if anyone wanted to go the extra mile, post soundclips. Ive heard alot of good things, and ive also heard that there is a difference between the regular MP1 and the MP1 classic. Let me know, and thanks alot for any help!
    www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

my friend has one and loves it. I think Paul Gilbert used one back in the day too. Im sure you can tweak SOMEthing good out of it if Gilbert had one!

Comment

I got one recently and wish I'd got one years ago. I love it. Get over to www.adadepot.com there are loads of sound clips on there. That's where I heard it and got convinced into buying one. Not only that but our other guitarist went an got one a week after hearing mine.
      www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

I have one too. I do love it especially with a SD-1 in front of it (really tightens up the low end that i need). Unfortunatly i don't have any clips for you, but adadepot.com has some good clips.
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I got one yesterday... clips to come soon hopefully. I had one back in the day. Going to mod mine for a little more gain, but it's pretty decent as is. I keep going back and forth between it and the Kitty Hawk Quattro... not sure which I like best ;0

Pete

Comment

They're excellent - I've had them for 8 years, and have no interest in changing.

They were used by loads of guys back in the day - Gilbert, Bettencourt, Hammett, Skid Row etc etc OK, I'm sure they used them in conjunction with other gear, but ADA must have been doing something right!
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
            X