New ENGL amplifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ENGL amplifier

Someone on another forum posted this, and I knew quite a few of ya have owned or have an ENGL amp. It looks very cool, but I don't know the line enough to know what's different from the other amps. I might have to give this a try though

http://www.rocksolidamps.com/PDF/Inv...lyer_A4_V3.pdf

Re: New ENGL amplifier

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] That thing looks sick!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow... just wow.
      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Also supposed to be available in 100 and 50 watt versions [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (all use EL34s)

sounds super cool!

Comment

I wonder how it will compare to the Powerball

Comment

That looks awsome!! I hope it is EL34/6L6 switchable? I wonder what tone they are after with this one? I mmen they have the SE with many tones in it. Jack.

Comment

Seems like a great amp.I'm looking for givin it a try if I ever see one in the shitty stores of my city..geez...

Comment

150 watts is just insaine. I too wonder if it has a 150/50 switch which would be cool. I like the idea of each channel having it own gain and EQ section.

joe...
                www.godwentpunk.com
                www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Info is on the main site now. I wonder maybe you can pull 2-3 of the tubes and run it at half power like that?

http://www.engl-amps.com/index2.html

Invading Your Style

The new Invader 150:
                  TheÝINVADER 150 is different! Most flexibility and control for any given playing situation. Easy to handle, just focusing on pure tube tone. This amp does not feature the classic 4 channel head layout of a Clean- Crunch-Rhythm-Lead channel split. Named Channel 1, 2, 3, 4, these channels are able to produce different Overdrive / Gain structures- each one from Crunch to High Gain. Every Overdrive Voicing in the channels is different. In conjunction with the HI / Lo gain switch and a separate EQ section for each channel, there will be no limits. Once youíve tried him, there is no chance to escape the INVADER.

Preamp:
                  4 channels. Four 3-stage EQs incl. logharithmic treble curve, Bright Switch for Channel 1 and 2, separate gain and volume controls for each channel, Hi / Lo Gain switch, Noise Gate with Threshold adjust, 2 parallel FX loops, 4 x ECC 83 / 12 AX 7 preamp tubes. Tuner Out activated via Standby switch.

Master Section:
                  150 watts (6 EL 34 tubes), Master A / B switch, Presence and Depth Punch control for poweramp soundshaping, Electronic Tube Protection circuit and powertube monitoring system.

Outputs:
                  Midi IN / THRU, jack for ENGL Z-9 Footswitch, jack for ENGL Z-4 / Z-3 Footswitch, 2 x FX Send, 2 x FX Return, 2 x FX Balance, Preamp Out / Tuner, Lineout / Poweramp, Speaker Outs 2 x 4, 2 x 8, 1 x 16 Ohms

Midi programmable functions at a glance, storable on 128 Midi presets in any combination as needed:
                  Channel switching, Master A / B, Bright, Hi / Lo Gain, FX Loop 1 and 2, Noise Gate, Amp Mute (Tuner)

Dimensions & Weight:
                  Channel switching, Master A / B, Bright, Hi / Lo Gain, FX Loop 1 and 2, Noise Gate, Amp Mute (Tuner)

Comment

yep..damn..I think I will be selling my PB then

Comment

I'm not going to hold my breath for this one.

Comment

No, thanks. It has more knobs than a gay bar.

Comment

Yeah that Invader is going to be sick!!! I'll be getting that when it is released this September.
                          Gear
                          '88 Charvel Model 6
                          '90 Charvel 650 Custom
                          '92 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional
                          '93 Jackson USA Randy Rhoads PCS #23
                          '07 Jackson DKMG Mutt

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong
                            No, thanks. It has more knobs than a gay bar.
                            it's a tweakers dream!

Comment

Killer. I'm curious.
                              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Working...
                              X