marshall clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marshall clips

I didn't put this in mp3 files because it's just to show what the amp sounds like so far. This is all one take, through a weber mass unit set to 30% (in other words, attenuated all to hell) and mic'd with one SM57. Little reverb added on the PC, that's it.

http://members.cox.net/vht50/clean.mp3

the tone/volume channel. Set on about 7, tone full up. 95 Charvel USA Strat, neck/middle pickup together, then hot rails bridge on the last part (you'll hear it).

http://members.cox.net/vht50/intronoboost.mp3

This clip is the marshall TMB channel, on 7. This amp is pretty freakin' loud. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

http://members.cox.net/vht50/introboost.mp3

Same backing, with one of my custom tube screamer pedals pushing it a bit.

I need to de-mudify the TMB channel a bit. I love the clean tone on the volume/tone channel, it sounds voxish to me.

Pete

Re: marshall clips

Nice clips.
    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

That's sounding good Pete.
      www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Thanks guys! It just gets better from here.

Pete

Comment

What amp is this Pete? Is this the 18 watt Marshall you just built for Zeegler? That last clip...the tone is really, really sweet.

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Yeah, Zeeg's 18 watt. Still need to mod it a bit, this is the stock/baseline clip before I start the magic. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks for the kind words.

Pete

Comment

It fits nicely into the track. Any post eq done?
              "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

So I'm here at work, and I see that you've posted sound clips. One problem, I have no speakers for my PC here. So, what do I do? I hop in the truck, drive down to Best Buy, buy a set of speakers with a sub, and come back and hook them up. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Wicked clips Pete!!! It's sounding killer!!!
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Nope, just a little reverb. Even put all the tone controls on the amp on 10. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    So I'm here at work, and I see that you've posted sound clips. One problem, I have no speakers for my PC here. So, what do I do? I hop in the truck, drive down to Best Buy, buy a set of speakers with a sub, and come back and hook them up. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Wicked clips Pete!!! It's sounding killer!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you like it, but I hope to get some more out of it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm thinking more treble/brightness on TMB channel, I'm pretty happy with the regular one so far.

Pete

Comment

The basic tone is very VOX like to my ears. Sounds like a really good base tone to work with.
                      The Tubescreamer really wakes it up and pushes it more into the Marshall tone zone.
                      You're right.. it doesn't sound anything like the Spitfire.
                      How does it sound not attenuated?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        The basic tone is very VOX like to my ears. Sounds like a really good base tone to work with.
                        The Tubescreamer really wakes it up and pushes it more into the Marshall tone zone.
                        You're right.. it doesn't sound anything like the Spitfire.
                        How does it sound not attenuated?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds a lot better to me without the attenuator - you get the sound of the amp beating the crap out of the speaker, and the volume makes the amp a lot more responsive. The channels are jumperable too, which is pretty sweet. I think I'm going to try to get just a little more gain/high end on the TMB channel. The other one is pretty dang good as is, imho. It always takes me longer to tweak the amp than it does to build the dang thing! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]...sweet!

Nice job and clips Pete..

You da man! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Zeegs your amp is sounding sweet! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm diggin' that amp...big time.

Mike
                            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

that sounds damn good for being so heavily attenuated!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X