Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa Rectifiers users! What effects are you using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Rectifiers users! What effects are you using?

Hey guys,
    I was wondering what effects all you Mesa Rectifiers owners are using. I just got my rectifier and I can't seem to find a delay or chorus that I'm happy with. I don't like using the effects loop because it changes the tone too much for my liking. I currently have a Boss DD-6 delay and a Boss Ch-1 super chorus but I'm not really happy with them on this amp. They sounded excellant on the Lonestar that I used to have but in the higher gain setting of the rectifier I seem to loose control of them. It's either too much or not enough. I can't find that happy medium. What's some of the things you all are using and doing?

Re: Mesa Rectifiers users! What effects are you us

Single Recto, running an OD808 and NS-2 upfront, PODxt in the loop. I really love the POD for effects, and it doesn't alter the tone of the amp at all. I had a G-Major before, and that worked great, as well.

Comment

Various Boss pedals. Old boss chorus (I was to say CH1 or CE1 it's in my bag. It has two knobs, rate and depth...sounds great. Probably older than me). Boss BF2 MIJ (probably from the mid 80s-ish).

Boss NS2 (sometimes)
      boss ge7 (rarely)
      Boss TU2 (always)
      Crybaby wah (or whatever one I'm buying to replace it with.)

Comment

I run my guitar into the Boss TU2, Electro Harmonix Small Stone, Boss NS2, and the Line 6 DL4 delay, then into the amp, which has the Boss DD5 and Ibanez CS9 chorus in the loop. My friends in Hopesfall both use the DD5 in the front and sound excellent.

Comment

If you don't mind my asking, what are you settings on your DD5? That should be a close match to my DD6. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to setting a delay unit and that might just be my problem.

Comment

I set the effect level up pretty high, around 2-3 oclock depending on what I'm doing. Feedback is at like 10-11 oclock, I think I have it set to 800 ms (??) in the mode selector and I always use the little footswitch to tap in the tempo.

edited to add, I have the effect loop knobs on the back both set halfway up.

Comment

I use a TC-electronics delay & EH holy grail in a wet-dry setup (not in the effects loop), in front I use anything on my board, but mostly just the OCD, AC booster and Teese RMC-3.

Comment

None. In fact my effects loop is always bypassed. I do use an OD(Maxon od808 or MXR zw44) and an ISP Decimator in front of the amp though.

Comment

I know some guys have had success with the TC G-Major in the Recto's loop for delay/chorus.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard of Ozz
                    I know some guys have had success with the TC G-Major in the Recto's loop for delay/chorus.
                    I do. The gate works rather well, too.
                    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Response

I run guitar to tuner, out to Dual Rec. Have the TC G-Force in the loop with a chained BBE 482i. Behringer 10 pedal MIDI foot controller.

It's a nice and simple rack setup.

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys! I tried Boxcar Willie's delay settings with my DD-6 and they are working the best for me so far. I'm still considering getting something else though. I'd read somewhere else that the TC G-majors sounded really good with a recto so that might be my next step. Thanks again guys!

Comment

I'm sure if you got a nice rack delay or something it would be way better than the Boss...the only reason I use pedals is because I like being able to adjust them on the fly, and I think that carrying around a rack and a midi controller is a pain in the ass. But I kind of wish I had my old Rocktron Intellifex to see how it sounds with my Dual Rec....same with my old Furman parametric eq.

Comment

Working...
                          X