marshall 18 watt kit day IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marshall 18 watt kit day IV

The weber layout diagram for the kit shows the 68k resistors on the inputs as being close to the input jack. I prefer to put them on the tube socket and so do many others. I also use shielded wire for these, which didn't come with the kit. Shielded wire cuts down on noise and oscillations(unwanted feedback, motorboat noises, etc). I generally use quite a bit of shielded wire because it's fairly cheap insurance. When you do, one side has the shield (the wire around the center wire: It's a lot like guitar cable) grounded, and the other end is not grounded. I use some shrinkwrap tubing to keep the stray strands of the shield away from the signal wire, and on the input wires, another piece of shielding to cover the resistors and the wire. it adds a little strength to the connection, and looks neater. Here's a pic of one ready to solder and another one already shrink wrapped.

Here's the pot wiring, and the jacks. Weber uses Cliff jacks with a small board attached for some reason. I didn't see any problems with the little board so I left them on and used them. After the amp is troubleshot and working ok, I'll probably tweak these wires a little bit to look neater.

I put in another 3.5 hours or so tonight. One or two more nights and I should be firing it up. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Pete

Re: marshall 18 watt kit day IV

Cool as hell Pete.

Can't wait to see it up N running

Comment

Thanks man. Me either!

Pete

Comment

it's been cool watching this come together. Looking forward to seeing (and hearing) the final product [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I thought you were gonna take a day off Pete! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Your wife is gonna kill you.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            it's been cool watching this come together. Looking forward to seeing (and hearing) the final product [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
            +1!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks again guys. Zeeg - I'm tryin, but I did watch a chick flick with her while I was working on it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Holy crap man, that's worth oral at the very least!!!
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Are you charging by the hour? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Great threads! Love your work!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks Ron. No, just keeping track of time on this, in case someone decides they want to build a kit, it might give them a better idea of the time involved.

Pete

Comment

Good looking out
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Look clean...Are you usinf a Negative Feedback Loop on it?

Comment

Originally posted by dd3keegs
                          Look clean...Are you usinf a Negative Feedback Loop on it?
                          Nope, the 18s don't have neg feedback.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                          X