Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with selection of effects for my rig

Hello folks:

I'm going nuts here trying to make a suitable decision as to which effects devices or device should I get in order to complete my rig. I have a Peavey JSX head paired to a Genz Benz 2x12 cab. I used to own a TC electronics G Major and traded it because I was never able to set it up properly to a Triple X I had at the time. I have no knowledge whatsoever for working with midi devices.

Anyway, what I want is to have a nice delay I could use with my gain channels and a nice reverb for all of my JSX channels. Some folks have suggested going with pedals, but what I want is to have the ability to assign specific effects to specific amp channels and be able to switch those whenever I want. What should I do? Should I get another G Major with a friendlier midi switching pedal? Something else such an Intellifex? Pedals with a decice I could use to assign the effects to different channels? Please help me make the best decision cause this is all I need to get to complete my rig. Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Please help with selection of effects for my r

I personally don't know of anything practical that could assign an effect to a channel. You'd have to buy something that switched the channel and activated the effect. The only thing I can think of right off is a $1500 setup. I think TC electronic makes those. Sounds completely unreasonable for what you're trying to do. Sorry bro. It sounds like you're stuck with tap dancing. As soon as you switch the channel turn on the effect. I guess you could get your amp modded to have seperate FX loops for the different channels, but that would be really pricey too.

Any other ideas? If there is a cheap way of doing this, I'd be interested too.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Should I get another G Major with a friendlier midi switching pedal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I would do Econ. It's worth it to take the time and program the G major for this IMO. It's really not that complicated once you get into it. The DMC isn't that bad of a controller either, but you could go with the Behringer or a midimate as well.
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

It would also be cheaper to get G Major. I'll guess that's the way I'll go.

Comment

You could also try and Xpression or Intellifex and save a few bucks. Sounds are of similar quality. Also, you can get a midi xchange pedal from Rocktron. I just bought one for the heck of it ($40 new on clearance from GC). If you're only going to use 2 presets, it'd be perfect for you.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Working...
          X