Bought a VOX AD30VT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a VOX AD30VT

Well, after going out and trying a POD 2.0, XT, XT Live, VOX, I decided on the VOX. I dont need alot of amp for tinkering around the house and the occaisonal church session. I was just going to go the modeler route, but something made me give the little VOX a try.[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Overall I think that for practice it kills my cube 30. It takes quite a bit more tweaking than I am used to, but its worth the effort. I had to do some research to find out how to get the flub out of the bottom end, but it is possible to get some really decent sounds out of it. The AC30 sim is really good. I probably will replace the stock VOX speaker with a Cele. Alot of people say that it is shrill, but I havent noticed that at all. If anything its a little too mid-rangey to me. It is still in the break in phase anyway. Effects are decent, I wouldnt rate the reverb very high.

Learning curve for tweaking and programing is about a 5. Not nearly as complex as some modelers. You really have to get this amp up off the floor though. Sounds much better on a stand. I think that for $239.00 it is a fair value.[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Re: Bought a VOX AD30VT

I've got one of these too and I love it. Quite a nice little amp for not a lot of coin.

Comment

Re: Bought a VOX AD30VT

I have one too. They are hard to beat for the price. If only there were amps at this price that sounded this good when I was a kid!

Comment

Working...
      X