Digitech GNX4 Review??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech GNX4 Review??

Anybody here have one. I have been back and forth regarding getting one since they first came out. So many features.. and I just Loooooove features.

Re: Digitech GNX4 Review??

Features it has. Sounded a bit too digital for me. I had the 4 and the 3. I'd rather have a ToneLab SE or Pod XT Live instead. The Line 6 almost has as much tweakable parameters (apart from no drum machine or 8 track) and the Vox hands down has the best tone of all the modellers IMHO (less tweakable though).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I had a feeling it would sound a little digital.

Comment

I know your asking about the 4 but, I have had a GNX2 for a few years now, which is basically the same minus the 4 track.
        I also own a PODpro and a Behringer Vamp pro and the GNX is my favorite of the bunch and by far the most tweekable. A cool feature is that it has a parametric EQ as well as the normal EQ for the amp models. You can also tune the resonance of the cabinets, another cool feature. As far as sounding too digital, I have found that every processor/modeler that I've played has a few amp models that sound too digital but, at the same time they each have models that sound amazing, in their own right.
        I also can tell you that the stompbox model for the Tubescreamer that the GNX has sounds spot on. When A/B'd with a real Tubescreamer you can't tell the difference IMO. I also think the effects sound tons better than the other 2 too. I also have a Lexicon MPX 550 as well and I prefer the effects in the GNX...all except the reverb of course.
        I would caution you on one thing, my wah pedal shit the bed after about a years worth of use and some of my buttons don't work well either anymore. I have a friend that has had the same pedal problem and and I take excellent care of my gear so It's not from abuse...hopefully they have cleared this problem up over the last few years.

Comment

I have a GNX4 & have had it since it came out, I have not had any problems with it, playing wise or when hooked up to my PC. I've lent it to a friend to play Live a few times also, with no problems.
          According To The Prophecy

Comment

Digitech is running a $50.00 rebate on these until the end of March. Regular price on the GNX4 is $499.00 but it's only $449.00 after the rebate.

I've got them in stock and will throw in shipping inside the USA if anyone wants one!

Matt

Matt's Music Center
            35 Pleasant St
            Weymouth MA 02190 USA
            781-335-0700
            www.mattsmusic.com
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

JG, I bought one when the GT6 you tried to sell me was stolen. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I use it quite a bit and have even taken it out live when my Cornford was too powerful for the room. You can tweak those parameters until you go nuts, there is so much depth to it. The sounds are great and easy to come by and it really sounds killer in a live situation.

I've used mine with a Crate Powerblock on a few occasions for small rooms and have received numerous compliments regarding my tone. Sounding "digital" has never been an issue.
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
              X