Flextone III users ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flextone III users ???

Anyone play one? I'm not inclined to get the Vetta, but I've been eyeing the Flextone III for awhile. Seems like an interesting amp.
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Re: Flextone III users ???

I went from a Tube head and 4 X 12 to a Flextone III 2 X 12 wanting to lighten up my gear and setup time, It sounded killer when I played alone and it was versitile, But if you are in a band situation nothing cuts through like a Tube amp, The Line 6 stuff seems to get lost in the mix. It's okay if you're recording or playing alone at home.

Comment

I concur, Dr Fret. My Line6 AX212 is for home use only.

BTW.. recently someone posted about battery replacement issues with PODS. Do the old AX2's suffer from this soldered battery problem too? I'm prepared for the day when the Line6 loses it's marbles. It will become a homemade 212 cab and replaced with a nice 112 tube combo.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I concur, Dr Fret. My Line6 AX212 is for home use only.

BTW.. recently someone posted about battery replacement issues with PODS. Do the old AX2's suffer from this soldered battery problem too? I'm prepared for the day when the Line6 loses it's marbles. It will become a homemade 212 cab and replaced with a nice 112 tube combo.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have your patches backed up on a PC anyway. I did. Regarding battery replacement, my suggestion is to bring it in to get replaced by an authorized Line 6 location.
        Regarding live and loud use, its hard for a modeler to compete with a good tube amp live in regards to cutting through a mix. I have a Vetta and live it sounds great but the high gain patches don't cut through as good as my Soldano does. The cleans however are MUCH better than my Soldano. With that said.. I have seen guys gig with Flextone 2 x 12 combos and they sounded great.

Comment

The AX2 has a MIDI out but I'm not aware of a backup menu. Oh well. It's old and maybe it will be vintage someday. I'll be dead by then, just like the amp.

It does have some nice clean sounds. In fact, I do have to admit I will gig with it when we do acoustic shows.

Comment

I've got a Flextone III Plus and it sounds pretty killer at home. I have not had the chance to play it in a live situation, though. As far as bedroom jamming, I can't imagine anything being much better.

Comment

Working...
            X