Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need recommendation for effects

Folks:

I finally have completed my rig and need recommendations as to what effects gear should I get. I only use delay and reverb. That's it. Should I get a G Major (even though it will have a lot of effects I won't use) or should I get pedals? If so, which ones? I would like to have the simplicity of not having to switch too many things, since I think I will always use delay and reverb with both clean and gain channels. Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Re: Need recommendation for effects

well depends on your budget....if that's all you want then i'd say go for pedals. if you have extra cash and may want to play with other effects later get the G major....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I've been playing guitar for over 25 years and don't think I've ever used anything more than delay and reverb. Maybe some chorus, but I live without it. Money is not an nobject, althought I'm no professional musician, so I can't justify nspending too much for these effects.

Comment

If you get a Boss RV3 pedal you can have both delay and reverb at the same time. 1 pedal. Thats pretty simple.
        I have one and its an excellent pedal. It has many different settings. Reverb only, delay and both with multiple adjustable settings. Put it in the loop and your all set. If you have a rack system you will need a rack processor because of the line level needed. An old Rocktron Intellifex of Lexicon would be cheap and they are great.

Comment

Will that RV3 pedal color my sound too much?

Comment

The Boss RV-5 (reverb only) is a fantastic pedal. I run mine in a parallel effects loop, and I don't think it colors the sound at all.

I also run two Boss DD-3 delay pedals, a CH-1 chorus, and a BF-3 flanger. Again, through my parallel effects loop, I find them to be transparent to the tone.

I also own a G Major, which I don't use because I feel it alters the tone quite a bit.

I am using a 50W all tube head through a half stack.

- E.
            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Will that RV3 pedal color my sound too much?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it won't. I find it very difficult to dial it in when placed in front of an amp. It works best in the loop.
              Its a very good pedal that can be had cheap if you spot one on Ebay. I use both delay and reverb myself. This handles both. The reverb is VERY good.

Comment

Working...
              X