Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volume difference Between clean, crunch and lead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume difference Between clean, crunch and lead.

Hi there,

ever since I started playing i always would up playing multi-FX floor units (Korg A5, Zoom 4040, Boss GT8) and as i play in a covers band I dont have the benefit of a sound guy on the desk, i have to reply soley on setting my patches to varying overall volumes so the cleans are as loud as the crunch rhythyms and the leads are louder than the rest to cut thru. this has how its always been for me and i guess alot of other players.

I just upgraded to my first midi stup - Rocktron Prophesy with a rocktron midi mate, that replaced the Boss GT8.

what ive found so far is that the clean sounds are VERY quiet compared to the british and megadrive channels. I've rad up that people who complain about a slight distorted electrical buzz/hum on the clean channel on the prophesy are mearly overdriving the input signal/pre premap EQ.

So Anyone with midi rack premap experience just offer some advice on how to get a good balance with my patches so that my sounds 'match'. my signal path/rig setup is in my sig.

could i possibly run a midi A/B box and send clean patches to channel B of the EL34 while keeping the rythyms and leads on channel A???
    My music:
    www.leonlive.co.uk

Re: Volume difference Between clean, crunch and lead.

all sorted, went back to the manual again and found what i was looking for [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

/me slaps self for not taking in the manul properly the first time :P
    My music:
    www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X