Rig question... ADA MP1 with VS8008 valevestate SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rig question... ADA MP1 with VS8008 valevestate SS

A friend of mine could sell me this rig. I could trade in my AOR for it I think. I like rack gear, and I could always run the ADA in stereo with the POD 2.0 like this, I could get some killer sounds! I'd just need a cab then. How is that poweramp?

Re: Rig question... ADA MP1 with VS8008 valevestate SS

I think the ADA really needs a tube power amp and a BBE unit to sound its best. I used one with a SS power amp for a while and when I upgraded to a MESA 2:90 I was absolutely blown away by how much better it sounded. I still use this rig today...13 years after adding that power amp.

Comment

Tube power amps are SO EXPENSIVE though... Especially a Mesa [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] This is probably the best I could ever afford, I have no income and people here the French so I can't get a job [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Thanks for the tip though.

Comment

i used that setup for a while. it was okay. once i put the ADA with a peavey classic 50/50 is was SO much better.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Re: Rig question... ADA MP1 with VS8008 valevestat

people here the french?

you meant people here HATE the french?

Comment

I'm no geologist, but Pott is French, and he lives in Scottland/Netherlands and speaks English?

being able to explain that is a pretty good job in itself.

Don't Scotts like mimes? Every Frenchman can do that, right?

Just kidding bro - they can't be that against the French there, can they?
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Solid state will work ok, I've used mine with a Mosvalve with good results. I went to tube with a Peavey Classic 60 and then a Carvin. If you want tubed..a Peavey tube power amp is all you need..you pick one up for under 250.00 USD and they should be available in your area probably close to that or maybe a little more like 300.00 USD.

Comment

If not, you could always use put the ADA through the effects loop of your tube amp. I do it, works fine for me [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                93 USA Soloist EDS
                USA HT6 Juggernaut
                Charvel DK24FR

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  people here the french?

you meant people here HATE the french?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah I did forget the very important verb [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Thanks haha... And yeah I am French, but people here tend to think I'm American after hearing me speak. It gets frustrating [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks everyone!

Comment

I think that rig will be fine. Here is a way to give it tube warmth for very little money. Just add an Art Tube MP Preamp in between the MP1 and the power amp. You might not even need it but it does make an SS power amp sound VERY tube like.

Comment

Well I was thinking about a BBE and when time comes (mhmm.. or money) upgrade the power amp to a cheap Peavey 50/50 if possible. That rig would already be a good start and have everything I'd need really. Furthermore it'd be smaller than my current amp with a 1X12 cab. Thanks for the tip dude!

Comment

did you guys know that Skid Row's self titeled album was recorded with Furman PQ-3 parametric EQ ->ADA MP-1 -> McIntosh 2100 SS power amp. The guy who recorded it is the legendary Michael Wagner http://www.michaelwagener.com/html/discography.html
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Mhmm the guy wants 280 pounds for the whole rig. Way out of my budget, especially since I'd need a cab. So I'll just sell my amp, go for a Laney LC15R and then get the ADA when I have the cash for some fun.

Comment

You could always look for the ADA Micro-Tube 200. It goes very well with my ADA MP-2.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                            X