Line 6 Spider II 30 watt combo amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Spider II 30 watt combo amp

I swung by Ishibashi in Yokohama on my way home from work tonight to buy some strings and picks.

I noticed that they had five Line 6 Spider II 30 watt combo amps on "apecial blowout sale", at 19800yen ($170). MSRP is 35700yen ($307), so I'm assuming that "usual" dealer price is about $250.

I was in a hurry to get home, so I didn't get to try it out. A lot of you guys rave about the Line 6 Pods here. Has anyone tried these amps out?

Thanks in advance for any tips!
    -QR
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Re: Line 6 Spider II 30 watt combo amp

I like all of the Spider II stuff

Comment

I've seen the Spider II 30-watt go for $199. I have the 15-watt version and like it alot for low level practice.

Comment

Thanks for your opinions.

I guess I will go back to the store and try it out sometime this week.
        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

I bought the spider II HD 150 watt Head for about 280 US... its a great amp...

Comment

I just bought the Spider II 112 combo. Should be here within the week so I will be glad to tell you what I think.

lIt ooks very promising though!!!

Comment

etohk-

I think that that head may have more features than the 30 watt combo. The Spider II 30 has four channels, and can only use two effects at one time. It also doesn't come with a footswitch.

ninja1195-

I await your review with eager antici...

pation [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Ishibashi in Yokohama..... I used to go to that place all the damn time, I lived right up the hill from Yokohama Station.

Those were the days....

I think the line 6 stuff is sweet for practicing at home.. I use a guitar port myself, which is pretty awesome.
                I've played the amps in store when trying out guitars, but I guess I was focusing more on the guitars than the amp in those cases.

Comment

Hey Steve Man,

When were you living in Japan?

I usually go to Ishibashi, as opposed to the Yamaha store around the corner, because Ishibashi has a better selection and is usually less expensive.

There's also a Kurosawa Gakki in the Okada Mores building just outside of the West exit of Yokohama station. I bought a guitar at Kurosawa in Ochanomizu a while ago, but haven't checked out the Yokohama store yet.

You used to post over at jacksonguitar.org too, right?

Comment

I have been to the Kurosawa Gakki in the Okada Mores building... I even sat down and played a couple Killer guitars there.

I was in Japan from Sept. 04 until July 05, but I was only in Yokohama until about March or so, then I moved to Ichikawa City in Chiba for the rest of my stay.

Yeah, I posted at jacksonguitar.org a bit, they have my axe in the gallery there too... but then I just kinda disappeared from there hehe

Comment

Which axe in their gallery is yours?

Comment

The Kellystar:

http://www.jacksonguitar.org/gall/gall139.html
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

How different and or better was the Flex series compared to the new Spider II series?

Anyone own a Flex amp?

More tones and FX I suppose?

Comment

Yep, bought the 30 wt Spyder II for the boy last Christmas for 2 bills out the door..

it's a GREAT practice amp, I play it all the time...I can see it being cool for recording too.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I leave it on the insane channel with the gains all the way up...great shred tones!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Having played a Spider quite regularly at collage a few months back borrowing amates one, I have to say even when I cranked the mids it always seemed to sound scooped, didnt really have a good mid heavy brutal distortion....

I suppose for the price they are very versatile, and do quite a lot, but i'd rather pick up a Behringer Vtone which does a bit less better imo of course, the distorted lead tones alone blow the Spider II away

Still love the almost jazzy cleans with some fx to smoothen them out a bit

Ozz

Comment

Working...
                              X