T.C. G-System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.C. G-System

Anyone try or own the T.C. Electronics G System?

Thinking of getting one and looking for some feedback.

Thanks!

Re: T.C. G-System

I asked this months ago too. TCE has made such a good product line with the G stuff, I don't hear of anyone, including myself, upgrading.

Comment

They do make excellent stuff. I'm not upgrading though. I've had a couple of G-Majors which I really liked alot but I'm going back to a head and cabs and getting away from the rack gear so I'm interested in the switching capabilities as well as the effects to hook up to my Splawn Quick Rod.

Comment

I'v e been thinking about it but for that price I really wish it had a harmonizer in it. There was a review of it in the GP with John Mayer on the cover last month.
        http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

If I were to get this, what would I buy to enable savable footswitch capabilities? Does it even come w/ one?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I'v e been thinking about it but for that price I really wish it had a harmonizer in it. There was a review of it in the GP with John Mayer on the cover last month.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 doesn't the G-force have the harmonizer? and its about the same money.

Comment

Yeah the g force does and you can get em on ebay for about 900. I think thats what I'm gonna get. The G system just seems so convenient. You could actually use it and have it be your whole system. You can route part of it to before your pre amp and part of it to the loop. It'll switch channels on your amp as well. If it just had the harmonizer I wouldnt need anything else.

Comment

i would favour the g-force over the g-system. i haven't used either but i liked the fireworx for its routing matrix which is also in the g-force. i once had a g-major as well but didn't like it because it had no preamp and was rather limited. it also fell to bits(!). currently, i'm happy with my gt-8 which allows it's chain to be altered, but any additional fx unit for me would be a g-force.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

How does the qualliy of the GT-8 effects compair to the g-magor? Because the GT-8 has a lot of the same cool features as the g-system...Like additional effect loop and amp ch switching. As well as the flexible routing. I hear they are coming out with some editing software soon too.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

i don't think it's really a question of quality, but in fact the ease of use and the sheer facilities available. the initial reaction is that the gt-8 is better because it has it's own preamp whereas the g-major is a rack designed to be a send/return fx unit. well, if you can get a gt-8 for £289 or a g-major that lacks half the gt-8's facilities for £350+ (because you are paying the brand it seems), i'd say i made the right choice. not heard about any new software. any software updates to a gt-8 would have to be done via a midi sequencer or a usb-midi converter from a pc.

the g-system retails over here for £1000 and apart from additional loop i/o, i don't think the shiny facia justifies it's price. the capabilities are matched by the "cheaper" gt-8, in my view anyway.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

GT-8 does seem to be a great unit...for the price it's even better.

I was thinking of using this for it's effects and switching abilities alone.

The pick dynamics and duel processing.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I just picked up a G-System and so far it's killer, it's gonna take me a while to get way into everything it does but it's pretty easy to get started and setting it up to switch amp channels is really easy as long as you get the right cable to work your amp. I wish it had the harmonizer but it's supposed to be coming in a future upgrade. The nice part is I can get rid of everything else (rack stuff) and hit one button to switch everything. The main issue with these are previous versions of the software had alot of glitches but TC makes em really easy to upgrade and so far I have no issues.

Comment

I just picked up a G-System and so far it's killer, it's gonna take me a while to get way into everything it does but it's pretty easy to get started and setting it up to switch amp channels is really easy as long as you get the right cable to work your amp. I wish it had the harmonizer but it's supposed to be coming in a future upgrade. The nice part is I can get rid of everything else (rack stuff) and hit one button to switch everything. The main issue with these are previous versions of the software had alot of glitches but TC makes em really easy to upgrade and so far I have no issues.

Comment

Working...
                          X