Problem with cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with cab

It seems like one of the bottom speakers of my 1960 is no in it's place, it's just hanging there and sliding around each time I move the cab. Should I take it to a tech, or open it up and see myself? Also, I'm gonna run a 5150 through it, should I just put it on mono, and hook it up to whichever (4/16) input? So how do I open it up, just take every single screw off the back? And do I take the input stuff off first?

Re: Problem with cab

Open it up; every screw off the back. Don't mess with the input jack stuff, just make sure you don't rip the wires off when you take the back off. I just opened my cabinet up today; simple stuff.

Comment

you go into the cab through the back, you will see the screws, take all of them out, and there is alot, once you do that the back comes off and you will see the speakers. Sounds like you are missing screws or they rattled out. Just be carefull when you take off the back not to pull it, all the wiring it connected to it.

Comment

Thanks guys, well I put a flashlight through it to see what the situation is, and the upper 2 are completely fine, but the bottom two, the foam or wood or whatever, that's suppossed to hold it in place, it's not there, so the speakers are just lying there. This is because I just bought it off of ebay, not cuz I've had this for a while.

Comment

Okay, big problem now. So I opened it up and I see that both the bottom speakers aren't even hooked up.........How do I go on soldering these?

EDIT: Or on second thought, do I not even need to solder 'em or anything? Yeah, I'm clueless right now cuz it's the first time ever doing this. I just need to know which parts need to be connected to which.

Comment

BUMP DAMMIT BUMP!!!111

Comment

Yes, that is a problem especially if you are running a tube amp through that thing. You won't have sufficient load, and could damage your output transformer. Without seeing it, it's almost impossible to tell you what to do.

What impedance are the speakers? They will most likely say 8 or 16 ohm somewhere on the back of the magnet?

What is the output of your amp set to?

Take a picture of the wiring in the back of the cab if you can.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Well problem seems to be solved. I looked at this diagram, and hooked it up accordingly by just "snapping" it in place.

http://web.aoct.org/marshall/M19601.gif

Then I hooked up the amp and the sound came out of it just fine out of all 4 speakers.

Comment

Working...
                X