any of you have a Fender Blues jr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any of you have a Fender Blues jr?

I don't expect it to be a metal amp, but it looks like it would be cool (for a cheap price), I gotta go try one... Anybody use one of these?
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...mps?sku=480512

Re: any of you have a Fender Blues jr?

Yes. It's a USA one and cost me $230.

Oh, you asked if I use it...I switch between a Marshall Microstack and a DSL100 1/2 stack. I have quite a few vintage? (unpopular models) tube amps, so there is lots of competition. The Fender is just lost in the pack.

If this is your only amp, it would be a cool one. Probably takes well to pedals if you need a metal amp. It's pretty loud as well.

Comment

IMHO, the Fender Pro Junior has a much better tone. And it's $100 cheaper.

I also think that the Crate Palominos sound better than the Fender Blues Jr.

Comment

The Blues Jr is a nice little amp.

While I agree with fritzreiser that the Pro Jr has a better tone on its own, I also think the Blues Jr is a little more versatile with the master volume, added tone controls and built in reverb. Both amps take pedals pretty well.

If you do decide to look at used ones, the one thing to look out for with the Blues Jr is a noisy reverb. This was a problem for some of the early amps. Some, not all. Gotta listen to one before you buy it. I believe that Fender fixed this issue by the time production moved to Mexico.

There is a ton of info on this amp over at www.fenderforum.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          IMHO, the Fender Pro Junior has a much better tone. And it's $100 cheaper.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1.2 million

Put a Celestion Vintage 10 in a Pro Junior and you have a smokin' amp. The Pro Junior is one of the old tweed circuits from the 50's - I forget which one. Basically Fender wanted a low priced model in the Hot Rod line so they didn't want to spend any R&D money on the amp so they just did the PCB version of the old circuit. They are great sounding amps.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

a buddy of mine had one, and it sounded really good! he is a real bluesy player as well! what caught my attention about it was how loud it was!!
            I love admins!

Comment

My friend has the Pro Jr, and it is cool, I'll suggest that v-10 speaker replacement to him.

Comment

Working...
              X