Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie 'Nomad'

Guys,

I have a line on a Boogie Nomad for a good price, but I'll be buying mail order and I've never heard one, so I could use some info!

Are they high gain? Are they a Rock / Metal amp or more old-school 'British' sounding or bluesy?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Re: Mesa Boogie \'Nomad\'

Dark sounding. Fantastic clean channel. Channel 2 is more vintage rock but dark sounding. Channel 3 is similar to channel 2 but with more gain and even darker sounding.
    The Nomad doesn't sound ANYTHING like a Mark III/IV or a Rectifier. Its loud as hell too. Excellent reverb and very tweakable but it would be my last choice for a metal amp in the Boogie lineup.
    Its a good straight up jazz/blues/rock amp.
    If its a really good price you should buy it and flip it for a profit and get something more suited for metal.

Comment

Thanks for that - I don't think I'd be able to flip it, so I think I'll pass....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

the nomad has a nice clean to mid gain sound. the semi distorted, classic rock sound is what the nomad does best. the amp is very versatile, but not a high gain/metal amp by itself.
        for some strange reason, alot of vai fans love the nomad...the guys over at the jemsite are all over this amp.

Comment

i was recently offered a nomad for a trade and saw a head on craigslist for $650. I've seen a LOT of mixed reviews on this amp. thanks for the posts

Comment

Working...
          X