X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum machines

So what is the best one out there?

Re: Drum machines

I have a Zoom 234 which I really like, but I'd probably have to say the Alesis SR-16 is probably the most reliable. My opinion. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

From what I've read/heard the Boss DR880 is the shit!
      Good deals with:
      Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

The SR-16 is a great little machine. That's why Alesis hasn't changed it much (if at all) over the last 15 years or so.

I have a Boss DR-670 which I really like, but the cymbal selection is limited (no chokes either), and the velocity leaves much to be desired.

Their new DR-880 is supposed to kick major butt.
        THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

it's old, but i swear by my Korg DDD-1. the internal sounds are very 80's, but it ha a lot of features that modern drum machines don't have.

it has 8 individual outs for the different sounds. i can use these outs to put individual drums sounds to their own dedicated mixer channels giving me serious tweakablity during mixes. i can also use thos outs to trigger the sounds from a different drum brain.

it has the ability to program rolls, ghost strokes, and velocity dependent hits. it is 100% midi controllable, as a slave and a midi master. it has time clock functions to control other sequencers or to put a time code strip on a track of a multi-track recorder.

you can play with time signatures and the bar length of drum patterns.

the list goes on and on. i have had mine for 15 years and have barely scratched the surface of what it can do.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

If you are using a PC to record, try Acoustica Beatcraft.

http://www.acoustica.com/beatcraft

You get a free demo version with the download, and to purchase, it is only $39. It sounds pretty good.

Comment

Working...
            X