POD or V-amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POD or V-amp?

I just got a 5150. Since the cleans aren't very great on it, and I could also use some effects, I've been thinking about using like either the pod or the v-amp with it, I'm looking at the rackmountable ones for both. I just basically need it for the clean tones, some effects (all I really use are like reverb, chorus, and delay, so not that much really), and for recording on the computer. I'm sure the POD is better, so the question is, would the V-amp be good enough to handle my needs? I don't need anything insanely good or anything, just decent to good sound quality.

Re: POD or V-amp?

How do you plan on using it with the 5150? This will decide which unit is better for you.

Comment

I once tried to line up my Vamp together with my TriAmp but never was able to get some reasonable sounds out of it. the amp just wasn't made for this I guess...
      but it sounds great on headphones, for recordings or thru the PA. not sure if the pod is able to handle the coop with a tube head, but I'd not suggest the Vamp for it.
      If you want to use just the effects out of it, this might not be a problem. it does have a preamp bypass, and it sounds pretty cool in the FX-loop, but don't use it as a preamp together with your amp (into the fx return, that's what I did).

great unit otherwhise.
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Big difference in price between the POD PRO/POD XT PRO and the V-AMP PRO! I'd get the Behringer new for $170 and try it out with your rig... if it works for you, then great... if not bring it back to the store and try the pricier route. I have the V-AMP PRO. In my opinion the reverb is the weakest part of it. If you like lush, spacy reverbs--you won't find it in the Behringer. The reverbs only sound good at lower settings to me (which is fine 'cause that's how I use them).
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

ive had the V-amp, and V-amp 2, POD2.0 and Pod XT. XT reigns supreme

Comment

For direct recording I think the POD 2.0 is the easiest to get a great sound but the XT has many more features. For double duty live and recording the XT Live is the best.
            If you are looking for effects for your 5150 buy an effects processor, not a modeler.

Comment

I have a V-Amp Pro and I run it through the return loop of my old Peavey Studio Pro 112. It sounds great like this, for some reason THAT speaker really responds well to the modeler. It didn't sound as good going through my Tech-21 TM-60 as through the Peavey. It sounds so good through the Peavey that I am looking for another of the same vintage so I can have them in stereo.

There are some great clean amps on the V-Amp Pro. I am particularly enamored with the Black Face Twin. You can get that model to be very warm, with lots of headroom.

For $150, you can't beat the V-Amp Pro. Plus, it has some distorted amp models that kick total ass.

Mike
              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Yeah, I've tried it before, but just screwed around w/ like the dist. sounds. I can say that I wasn't pleased w/ the dist. amp models but it doesn't even matter cuz I'll just use the 5150 for that. I guess I kinda want the same type of idea that In Flames uses their 5150 and PODS for, just some of the cleans. And I guess that's the main function I want it for, but since it has effects, I could put that to use too.

Comment

Working...
                X