Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a new amp please

Hey Guys,

I need a new amp my old one has died! It was a Gallien Krueger 2100sel, incredible amp miss it terribly but there are no repairs no hope of fixes.

I'm leaning more towards ss or rack set up I want a liquid chorusy distortion like Maiden's somewhere in time sound.

Price is not a huge worry just need some help and directions. Thanks

Re: Help with a new amp please

Marshall JMP1 and a power amp. Also check out a Digitech MP-1

Comment

If price isn't a huge factor, try everything you can. But I'm also biased towards the Randall stuff, especially the MTS rack and head units. If you haven't checked em out, go to your local dealer and check em out. The clips on the site suck horribly in comparison to the real thing

Comment

just to name a few...
        -ada mp1....THE 80s shredder preamp
        -marshall jmp1....does the marshall sound and then some, was used by maiden and megadeth
        -rocktron piranha....judas priest used to use that one...i haven't played one yet, but apparently it kicks mucho ass, very versatile
        -digitech 2101....again very versatile, lotsa fx and stuff, kinda difficult to dial in. does everything from van halen to cannibal corpse (jack owen used this preamp for ages)
        -soldano sp77...ask jgcable for further info
        -engl e530....has that engl sound that you either love or hate

edit: btw, john, what's a digitech mp1? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks guys! I have a friend who suggested an ADA MP1. I going to check it out today. Have any of you tried a Rocktron Chameleon?

Comment

Bear in mind, if you just lost an amp that you can't get fixed, that ADA is no longer around, the MP-1s are pushing 20 and a lot of places won't work on THEM either. Not to be a buzzkill, but...
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Good point. If you want dead on accurate 80's Iron Maiden high gain amp tone the Marshall JMP-1 will deliver it in spades.

Comment

The Marshall JMP1 would be a great start.

Comment

"If you want dead on accurate 80's Iron Maiden high gain amp tone the Marshall JMP-1 will deliver it in spades. "
                  i'll even expand that statement....the jmp1 does anything from ac/dc up to old school death metal (obituary and the like)

Comment

Working...
                  X