5150 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5150 question

ok here,s the deal I picked up a 5150 head for $300 bucks the only thing wrong with it is the plug has been replaced with a plactic industrial replacement.where can I get a replacement power plug for this thing?I am having it modded by a friend and am going to have it replaced as well...it has been retubed weeks before I bought it.I am thinking about having him replace the plug with a detachable cord like every other amp company uses
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Re: 5150 question

[ QUOTE ]
    ok here,s the deal I picked up a 5150 head for $300 bucks the only thing wrong with it is the plug has been replaced with a plactic industrial replacement.where can I get a replacement power plug for this thing?I am having it modded by a friend and am going to have it replaced as well...it has been retubed weeks before I bought it.I am thinking about having him replace the plug with a detachable cord like every other amp company uses

[/ QUOTE ]

If the power cord works then i wouldnt bother fixing it, and to get it modded like other amps would cost you and then you are also cutting up your amp. But if you truley want a smaller plug you can just take a normal 3 prong from normal amps and cut off the one end and put it in place of the other. By the way great deal you got on that amp.

Comment

the mod is only going to cost me $200.I know a guy locally who builds his own amps and does mods.He took a friend of mines carvin mts and gave it a bogner uber type sound.the difference was night and day.that is now one brutal sounding carvin.it is articulate,heavey as hell.and loud as fuck now and it still has the crappy under powered stock tranformers.I like it better than my old marshall dsl 100 modded by voodoo that I sold to get my the powerball.He likes working with the old laney heads.I am not into the mod he has done in his own heads though they are very middy a great sound for 80's metal but not very brutal at all but that's what he likes.He went to the Amp feast in Boston last summer with one of his laneys and got great reviews on his work trace from voodoo was there and liked his laney.so everything said and done a 5150 modded to my likings for a total of $500 bucks sounds like a plan to me.I will post the out come of this when it is done...

Comment

Please do ,I'm not far from you and I have been thinking about getting a bias mod on my 5150 combo. where is the guy that will do yours?
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Please do ,I'm not far from you and I have been thinking about getting a bias mod on my 5150 combo. where is the guy that will do yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's in Plymouth I will post when it is done.I think I will hand it over to him after this weekend

Comment

Working...
          X