Peavey Classic 50 head. Any opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Classic 50 head. Any opinions?

I have a line on one for pretty cheap. I played with it briefly at the store and like both channels. Anyone have any experience with them? The amp alone seems to cop that old school Marshall vibe with the pre gain cranked up... I dig it. I also like the idea of a series effects loop.

Re: Peavey Classic 50 head. Any opinions?

Oh, hell yeah. Grab it. One of my favorite pieces of gear. I used to think the people that loved them didnt have any other choice financially, and that is why they loved it.

Wrong...

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

they are VERY nice amps. not metal, but will do classic rock great!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I think I'm gonna do it. I checked it out again during lunch. I would assume an overdrive in front would kick into high gear, as would an EQ in the loop. The clean/semi distorted tones rule (in the store anyway lol)!

Comment

I used to borrow one for live gigs when I was between amps. I echo the OD pedal response. Good all around rock amp. I think it had reverb built-in too.

Comment

AWSOME AWSOME AMP
            "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

I agree, its a very nice amp. Excellent for clean, blues, classic rock.

Comment

+1 Tremendous tone for the money in my opinion.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Well, I picked it up. This amp is awesome! I can't believe an amp this cheap sounds so good.

And it WILL do metal. I put a BOSS EQ in the loop to shape the tone (basically just dropping the 800k slider down one notch from center and boosting the highs and bass up about a half of a notch, level at 0db), and put a SD1 in front for a clean boost, pre on about 8. The amp EQ controls were all at about 6 (center). The thing screams. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
                    Well, I picked it up. This amp is awesome! I can't believe an amp this cheap sounds so good.

And it WILL do metal. I put a BOSS EQ in the loop to shape the tone (basically just dropping the 800k slider down one notch from center and boosting the highs and bass up about a half of a notch, level at 0db), and put a SD1 in front for a clean boost, pre on about 8. The amp EQ controls were all at about 6 (center). The thing screams. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Great fucking amps. I was looking for one before I found my 5150 for an irresistible price.

Comment

Working...
                      X