Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It might be time for me to buy a SLO-100...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It might be time for me to buy a SLO-100...

At band rehearsal the other night, I played with the other guitarist's(jazzman) SLO-100, but this time with MY cab ('74 Marshall with Greenbacks) and DAMN! My new EJ Strat just sounded so fucking killer through that rig! No effects and no pedals...guitar, cord, amp. Maybe after 5 years of playing with a Carvin Legacy, it is time to move on. As much as I love my Legacy and really like my Marshall 2205, it is time to sell and buy an SLO! No pont at all in this post, just thought I would share... [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

Re: It might be time for me to buy a SLO-100...

Last time I played a Legacy, it was about 20 minutes before I decided to move on [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

So yes, you're due to "move on" my friend. And an SLO would be a great jump!

Comment

The king of all amps IMHO.

Comment

SLO is on my shopping list, that's for sure.

Comment

If you loved it and are considering it - go for it!
          I would love to have an SLO but it's out of my range. Is it true the 5150 is a "poor mans" SLO? Maybe I could go for that.
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Is it true the 5150 is a "poor mans" SLO? Maybe I could go for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never understood that too much. They seem pretty different to me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              Is it true the 5150 is a "poor mans" SLO? Maybe I could go for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never understood that too much. They seem pretty different to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I had read somewhere that Soldano considered sueing Peavey over the 5150 because it was too similiar to the SLO (and for a lot less!). Maybe just internet rumors?
              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Well, I have always heard the "circuit design" was sposed to be similar, and that is prolly what the issue was about...

But, I really wouldn't say (IMO) that they sound that similar.

Honestly, I know they are a great amp, but I've never really liked (for my own uses) the SLO's that I've played all that much. But, then again, I never "realllly" got to wring one out long enough to make it fair for me to say anything bad. I'll imagine I'd like them if I could spend more time with one. After all, I HATED my CAE3+se when I bought it, and it took months for me to become really happy with it. Now I'd never trade it for anything I currently know of.

I have played 5150s for years though, and like them a lot. For the price, they can't be beat.

Comment

I have had both the 5150 and SLO100, there is no comparison, the 5150 is descent amp, but it does not come close to the SLO100.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I have had both the 5150 and SLO100, there is no comparison, the 5150 is descent amp, but it does not come close to the SLO100.

[/ QUOTE ]

See and i guess it all depends on taste, i have owned both and still own the 5150, now either i had a really bad slo or they are just not my thing. I love the 5150, however the SLO blows it away in construction quality.

Comment

I played a SLO100 last year and I almost considered commiting armed Robbery to bring it home
                      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

i liked the slo with the depth mod.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See and i guess it all depends on taste, i have owned both and still own the 5150, now either i had a really bad slo or they are just not my thing. I love the 5150, however the SLO blows it away in construction quality.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i'm with you in regards to the SLO. i had one for about a year in 1992 and could not stand it. i prefer the 5150 over the SLO. now i did like the X88R preamp, and wish i still had it. THAT seemed more similar to the 5150 than an SLO.
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

slo 100 i would if i could, by the way i bought a ej and i love that guitar.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I thought I had read somewhere that Soldano considered sueing Peavey over the 5150 because it was too similiar to the SLO (and for a lot less!). Maybe just internet rumors?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of those things that has some truth to it. The 5150 (and the Mesa Recto) are very, very similar in design to the SLO on the lead channel. However, neither sounds much like the SLO. That's probably where the rumor (assuming it is rumor and there isn't some truth to it!) most likely comes from.

Comment

Working...
                              X