Marshall AVT-150H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall AVT-150H

A ways back, I was at sam ash and tried an avt 150 h through one bottom 4X12. There we're some hardcore tube fans there saying it sounds good at low volumes, but it doesn't have the grunt of a full tube amp.

I was amazed at the sound of the amp, all of it's effects and of course... the PRICE!!!

I took the advice of one of the guys there(having owned a 2205 with a 4X12) and bought a 2203 100 w head and a used cab. I was never too happy with it....not sure what it was, it just wasn't for me(it was totally stock as well).

I guess if I'd gone with the 150H half stack combo, maybe I'd still have it.

Does anyone have one of these? and my fever for music lately has again kicked in to overdrive!(I bought two guitars within the past month and four pedals!)

The intention of this amplifier is to jam freely, maybe ...MAYBE gig once in a blue moon, but it won't be committed to high volumes constantly.

Thanks!

Jay

Re: Marshall AVT-150H

Our singer uses one of these, they're a great amp for the money. If you turn down the fuzzy gain a bit and turn up the mids you can get a very decent tone out of them. Just don't expect it to be as good as a JCM 800.

Comment

: Marshall AVT-150H

Sounds good.

There was one yesterday when I bought my mini-stack. I badly wanted to take it home. LOL if a credit card could bounce like a check, mine would. Christmas killed me.

Comment

Working...
      X