Ubershall help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubershall help

Well the amp just came in and it looks like i now know why he wanted to wait till the funds moved to his bank account. First he said it was a 2004 model which it is not. The thing looks like it is not even a ubershall, everything is labeled in tape, it is not the one pictured on the auction page and he sent it with no tubes. Two of the pre-amp tube sockets are sunk in, not sure if it is suppose to be that way and there are two extra holes on the back. There is a switch to switch between 6550's and EL34's which i didnt think the ubershalls could do. Anyone can help me on this i would appreciate it.

Re: Ubershall help

oh yeah and there is no pilot light on the front.

Comment

This doesn not sound good...

Any pics yet?

Comment

Here you go http://community.webshots.com/album/511333564nTbyLj

Comment

Well it does have the right layout in the back. What did it cost?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

how much did you pay?
            while it's not unusual to wait for the money to arrive on the bank before shipping anything, that "uber" does not look good....this sucks, bro
            did you already plug in some tubes to check out if it works?

oh, and one question: does bogner build the uber with a brownish vintage like front? the ones i've seen were black, but maybe that's just a coincidence.

Comment

Here was the auction, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Comment

Wow...completely different amp on the auction page. I forsee E-bay siding with you in a seller dispute, no problem.

Comment

ok, definitely not the amp pictured - it has the black front i mentioned above.
                  even if the amp works like it is supposed to, it's not MINT.

Comment

"even if the amp works like it is supposed to, it's not MINT."

Exactly! I'd do everything to make that fukkers life hell! It's missing the back pannel and has no tubes. I'm sure it is a Bogner but the guy was not on the up and up...by any stretch.

Good luck Bro!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Thanks guys you all make me feel a bit better and that i am not over reacting. Anyway i will keep you all informed, I have takend the first step and emailed him, if i dont hear back in two days i will file a dispute.

Comment

wow...I wouldn't wait the 2 days. Call the guy immediately. That is total bullshit. Get PayPal and your credit card in on it. This is why I never bid on anything that doesn't have a real picture of the item being auctioned or get pics sent.

it may be a Bogner but it looks like a mod experiment and not a $1850 Uber...

read all feedbacks when spending that kinda coin..this seller is a dick head plain an simple...sorry bro
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

"it may be a Bogner but it looks like a mod experiment and not a $1850 Uber..."

that's what i'm thinking too....

Comment

I would have been on the phone with that seller the minute after I opened the carton. What a scam.

Comment

Wow, that is a major fuck up there. Far from the amp pictured and truly some sort of uber-abortion.

I have internal pics of an Uberschall and what you have there is NOT quite an Ubershall as we know it. Maybe an early prototype? There are simularities but it looks a lot less than...

Comment

Working...
                              X