compare these 2 SD pickups...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compare these 2 SD pickups...

In your opinion, how would you rate the JB vs. the Custom in the following catagories. This is for the bridge position in a LP Standard and would be used for playing metal through a dual recto and 5150. The catagories are...
    -tightness
    -articulation
    -thickness
    -ability to stay defined in lower tunings

Re: compare these 2 SD pickups...

Custom is way tighter. Articulation... Mhmm maybe the JB wins, but I doubt it's by that much. Thickness...Custom again.
    For the last one, I'd say Custom too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    If you want more articulation, and you're not bothered by slightly less output, I'd say a FullShred may be better. Crunchier than a Custom, very hot still, and even tighter and more defined.

Comment

My two mahogany guitars have both these pickups and they both totally rock. The JB has more bite and cut/edge to it, but the custom is not without its shred appeal. Speaking of, the full shred neck pickup I have is def a fave of mine! I'll have to try out a full shred bridge some time. The only time I've tuned down, it was with the JB and it sounded fucking fantastic. The custom seems more flat and balanced. Plenty of meat to them both though!

Comment

I have two KV4s, one with a JB in the bridge, and one with a Custom. They are both tuned to D drop C, and they both sound great. The JB sounds fuller and smoother, whereas the Custom cuts through a little more, and has a slightly more raw edge to it. I think you will be happy with either one, but I'd say go with the Custom.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

JB = [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
          Custom = [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The custom sounds tighter and chunkier for rhythm, but the jb "sings" more when playing lead IMO.
            Overall, i prefer the jb.

Comment

both are very nice. I have several of each and like them equally
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
              X