Using 2 heads with one cab.???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Using 2 heads with one cab.???

BTW, regarding stereo cabs....if your cabinet is not stereo it can be converted fairly easily. I have a Peavey 5150 4X12 which is mono, so I bought a Marshall switchplate and installed it on my cab. This required using a jigsaw to cut a larger hole in the back panel of the cabinet to accomodate the larger backplate. While I was at it I ditched all of the factory Peavey wiring and upgraded to much heavier speaker wiring. Now I have the option of 4 ohm mono, 16 ohm mono, or 8 ohm stereo.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      If you have a stereo cab and an A/B box...if you combined both amps at the same time provided your A/B switch allows A & B to be combined....btw, that might give an interesting sound....

[/ QUOTE ]

Chad, yer just trying to blow something up, huh? You'd have two amps powering the same speakers...?

People, DO NOT do this.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        If you have a stereo cab and an A/B box...if you combined both amps at the same time provided your A/B switch allows A & B to be combined....btw, that might give an interesting sound....

[/ QUOTE ]

Chad, yer just trying to blow something up, huh? You'd have two amps powering the same speakers...?

People, DO NOT do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuckracer, yer just confused. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I don't normally use my method, but I just tried it as an experiment and it worked a-okay. You are simply running two amps into essentially two different pairs of speakers....those speakers just happen to be in the same cabinet. It's really no different than using a different cabinet for each amp....the speakers for each amp are just in the same cabinet.

Re-read this and my original post and see if it makes sense.

Comment

Plugging two heads into each side of a stereo cab...I'm with ya there, but please explain to me where the A/B box comes into play here...?

Comment

Guitar -> Input of A/B Box

A output of A/B Box -> input of amp #1 -> speaker cable out of amp #1 into left side of speaker cabinet

B output of A/B Box -> input of amp #2 -> speaker cable out of amp #2 into right side of speaker cabinet

Selecting A runs amp #1 into the left side of the cabinet.

Selecting B runs amp #2 into the right side of the cabinet.

Selecting A & B with the A/B Box runs amp #1 into the left side of the cabinet concurrently with amp #2 into the right side of the cabinet.

Comment

*slaps forehead* Oh, jeez! I forgot about the A/B box in FRONT of the amps!

Gawd...I'm a Moron today!

Comment

old fart
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

That must be it.
                  Now, where'd I put my Geritol...what time is Lawerence Welk on?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    how would you work that then? would you leave one head on the distortion channel and one on the clean? I saw the headbone thingy had a switch, and I am assuming it is used to switch between the two heads. Also, would that limit you to using fx? say you wanted a reverb pedal or something. Would you simply put it somewhere in the path of one of the heads before the switcher?

[/ QUOTE ]

The headtrip has built in effects loops to use with any head, it will also switch your amps heads if you choose with the switches or you can still use the footswitches that come with the heads.

Comment

Working...
                    X