Framus Cobra values?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Framus Cobra values?

What do Cobras go for used and new? I did a completed auction search and there haven't been many sold but the few that did were from 1500 to 1900. Is that typical?
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Re: Framus Cobra values?

That's pretty typical pricing from what I've seen on ebay. I *think* I saw one for $1400 once on ebay. www.rocksolidamps.com supposedly has good pricing on them.

When I was shopping for mine, there were a few dealers who were offering a 1/2 stack for $2500.

Comment

Do you own one? I thought someone here gigs with one.

Comment

i bought mine for 1600 used and it got damaged in shipping so framus sent me a new one. most used ones go for 1600 and new ones go for 2000. rock solid has great prices and good service.

Comment

Framus replaced it even though you bought it used? Wow!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Framus replaced it even though you bought it used? Wow!

[/ QUOTE ]

More likely the shipping company. Insurance can be a good thing.

Comment

I have a Cobra 1/2 stack. It's a great amp. So far it's been very reliable and it sounds killer. I haven't gigged with it yet but I have had it very loud at my drummer's house.

Comment

Ah ok, cool

Comment

my friend bought the amp a little over a month ago and the notch switch didnt work but he didnt use it anyway. so he played it for a couple weeks and didnt like it and sold it to me. i got it and the bass and treble didnt work on the 3rd ch. so i called danabgoods and told them the problems and they sent me a new amp and when i got the new one i sent back the old one. i didnt have to use the insurance from the shipper.

Comment

I got a great deal on a mint one about 2 years ago.

Paid $1100 with shipping. It was a steal.

Get it rebiased if you get one. It sounds way better once rebiased. That is the secret to these amps. They are a bit shrill until you get it rebiased. It is really a fantastic amp with all the gain you will ever need and a spectacular clean channel.

You can program it and use a midi pedal to switch channels and sounds - cool as hell. And it is friggen loud!

The only thing I would ever trade it for would be a Diezel.
                    I have heard Bogner, VHT and most of the rest of them and personally I prefer the Framus Cobra.

Also remember you have to play with these boutique amps to dial in your sound. Took me about 6 months to finally figure mine out. Just a killer amp though. Sparkling highs that bite through the mix.

I changed the tubes and put JJ's in the preamp section and groove tubes in the power section.
                    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

It seems like new ones have an adjustable bias and probe points? What's the hot ticket for the bias voltage?

Comment

Working...
                      X