X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good Parametric EQ\'s RULE

Furmans PQ-3 are 80-150us
    TC 1140 are 100-250

dont know about the Ranes... Probably a bit more...

Comment

I paid $100.00 for my Rane used.

Comment

Anyone ever try an Aphex 109 "tube-essence" parametric? They have a tube and are suppossed to be warm so I'm looking for opinions...

Comment

Nope, sounds interesting though... Aphex used to be a fairly big player in the recording industry I believe.

The thing with old stuff is it can be realllly cool and unique, or realllly crappy and well, unique, haha.. Roll the dice!

Comment

I went with the industry standard style of parametric. I would think that if a tube driven parametric is better than a SS version, they would be alot more popular.

Comment

heheh, I'd love to get a parametric EQ, but they're so rare it seems. The only one I've found is the Rane PE 17 for £558! (about $1100 or thereabouts) don't think it'd be worth it as it'd be the most expensive thing in my rack (even more than my vht power amp)... [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
              baws to that...

Comment

Forgive my ignorance.. we all gotta ask questions and learn right?

With all this EQ talk...

What is the difference between parametric, and graphic EQ?
                Never used one. I had a buddy that had a more defined toned with a peavey ultra plus when I'de turn his eq thingie on his rack on.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  heheh, I'd love to get a parametric EQ, but they're so rare it seems. The only one I've found is the Rane PE 17 for £558! (about $1100 or thereabouts) don't think it'd be worth it as it'd be the most expensive thing in my rack (even more than my vht power amp)... [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
                  baws to that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeouch!!! I just got a PE17 on Ebay for $175.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Wow.... That's a ton of dough for one of those...

Comment

I thought $175 was a lot until I saw they were $399 new. But $1100?!?! That's fucking nuts.

archen_git - you could get a brand new one from a US dealer for a LOT less money.
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

yeah, I'd consider it but I wouldn't want to have to get a transformer just for a rack eq. I don't suppose any of those EQs have switchable voltage so I could use an import from the US at 240v?

Comment

Working...
                        X