Any Duncan Phat Cat users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Duncan Phat Cat users?

And what exactly is the P90 sound? I mean, I know what P90s are, but I don't know what they sound like.

Keith
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Re: Any Duncan Phat Cat users?

Leslie West: Mississippi Queen.

Think a really wide, fat Stratocaster with no whine. I LOVE P90s! I need a Les Paul Junior real bad.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Think a really wide, fat Stratocaster with no whine.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean a humbucker that honks? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks, Mississippi Queen was about the most direct thing you could have said, that tone is etched into my head. Or heart. Or whatever the hell we get tone etched into.

Anyway, cool, Chuck - that did the trick!

Keith
      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

As for the Phat Cats - THEY RULE!

They saved my PRS Santana III from Ebay. The Santana III pickups sound like ass - on a whim I put a pair of Phat Cats in it - it kicks ass now. The tone is huge and clear.

Chuck - I played a P-90 guitar todaywith your name all over it. The GC in Raleigh has a very unique Fender Custom Shop Strat. It's got a pair of P-90's, wrap around tailpiece, figured arch maple top, set neck, locking Sperzels. Someone payed through the nose to get this one - the last time I priced out a guitar in this league from Fender the MSRP was over 6k. It is a very cool guitar and they have a VERY great price on it.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

the who - live at leeds is another good p90 tone example. p90s kick all sorts of ass

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            ...that tone is etched into my head. Or heart. Or whatever the hell we get tone etched into...
            Keith

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Tim, sounds like I'd better knock over a couple of produce stands up here to afford that guitar...sounds totally cool, though! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X