Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal Suggestions

Hey guys,

I'm gonna take the jump and grab one of those Randall MTS heads w/ the 3 modules. I tried the XTC, Recto, Lead, Clean and Blackface mods and I was very happy with em. With the XTC and Recto, I got the tone I was looking for. The tone was there, but the gain wasen't what I was use to (Line 6 Insane mods or the Metal Pack on my XTL). I need something that'll do death metal distortion, but I haven't found amps where it "feels" right till this one, so I wanna know which pedal I could put in front of it to give it a sharp and heavy attack. Different pedals give a different tone of course, but I don't know which to get. The Randall has a nice round and thick tone as it is, which is great, but I wanna give it a sharper tone, think it's possible with a pedal in the FX loop? Kinda like upping the presence knob, but I wanna be able to just kick it on and off so my clean dosen't suffer as a result of all the presence dialed in on the amp. Open to any suggestions, thanks [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

- Irfaan -

Re: Pedal Suggestions

I realize there's another pedal thread too, but I don't even know where to start, OD pedal, DIST pedal? Thanks

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I realize there's another pedal thread too, but I don't even know where to start, OD pedal, DIST pedal? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on your needs. what you want in your sound.

OD pedal is more tame than a distortion pedal.

OD pedal into an amp that is already dirty like an 800, and it smokes. Into a clean amp and you have SRV like tones.

Distortion pedal is more "metalish" sounding. Sometime best with a cleaner amp. Plugging it into a distorted amp, may be too much.

Comment

Here's what I'd do. Take advantage of Guitar Center's return policy. Go buy a clean boost, an overdrive, a distortion, and a metal pedal. The brand isn't so important here - Boss is a good choice. The goal is to figure out what *kind* of pedal you are looking for. Once you figure that out, return the other three and buy several in the category that suits your needs. And then return everything that's not working - all of them if necessary. This is how I built my pedal arsenal for a reasonable cost - buy/sell on Ebay and Guitar Center price matching/returns.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Here's what I'd do. Take advantage of Guitar Center's return policy. Go buy a clean boost, an overdrive, a distortion, and a metal pedal. The brand isn't so important here - Boss is a good choice. The goal is to figure out what *kind* of pedal you are looking for. Once you figure that out, return the other three and buy several in the category that suits your needs. And then return everything that's not working - all of them if necessary. This is how I built my pedal arsenal for a reasonable cost - buy/sell on Ebay and Guitar Center price matching/returns.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] Dude! Your a genuis, lol. Thanks man, as simple a suggestion as it is, I never really thought to do that. I was gonna go blindly and end up having a lot of crap that would've ended up in the classifieds eventually. My friend owns a guitar shop, so I'm sure he'll hook me up with what I need too. I've sold a few BOSS pedals, I wasen't really in love with em, but I loved every MXR pedal I bought. Problem was my Line 6 amps had a "Does Not Play Well With Others" label on it and they all sounded like crap when I hooked em up to it. Gonna do some searchin this weekend. Thanks guys! I have direction! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

- Irf -

Comment

Working...
          X