Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use the Boss TU-2 with an Acoustic/Electric?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use the Boss TU-2 with an Acoustic/Electric?

I was ordering a case for my new guitar last night at a local store and I bought a Boss TU-2 chromatic tuner on a whim. I knew I was going to need a tuner for my Ibanez EP-7, which doesn't come with an onboard tuner. So, I bought the TU-2. When I was reading the manual last night, it didn't mention that an A/E could be used, just an electric or a bass.
    So, will the TU-2 work with my A/E guitar? I won't have the EP-7 until I get home tonight, or I would just try it.
    Also, I have another problem.
    I'm playing through a PA at my church going through a direct box. I'm having to disconnect my cable after I play to save my batteries. Is there a way I can keep plugged in without my preamp still on? I.E., hitting the TU-2 bypass maybe?
    Help, thanks!
    Brian

Re: Can I use the Boss TU-2 with an Acoustic/Electric?

it should. just plug the guitar into it. happy birthday.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Re: Can I use the Boss TU-2 with an Acoustic/Elect

Yes, you can use the TU-2 with your A/E. I've used it with mine a bunch of times. To answer your other question: I think that as long as you are plugged in it will drain your batteries. No way around that but if you have new batteries they are gonna last a long time even if you keep it plugged in. If you have new batteries you shouldn't have to worry about it.

Comment

It will work fine.
        Yes, you can use the TU-2 as a bypass. Many players use that feature as a kill switch.

Comment

Cool, thanks guys.
          I was reading on B-bands website that battery life is 250 hours with the A5 preamp. That seems like a very long battery life to me, but I guess they know what they're talking about.

Comment

i wouldn't doubt the 250hrs. i went months on one 9v in mine and was amazed when it lasted so long. i guess since you only use it for short periods of time it lasts.

-Mike
            www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

The battery lasts a REALLY long time!!!

Comment

Working...
              X