G-Major and 5150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-Major and 5150

Anyone have any tips or tricks for using the two of them together? I'm slowly getting there, and I followed the tips on TC Electronics website (setting input level to consumer, setting output level to 2 or 8db). The results are still not completely satisfactory. So who uses one and how do you have it set up?

Re: G-Major and 5150

Anyone?

Comment

what is the issue? Low volume when the loop is engaged?

Comment

Actually, nevermind for now, I think it is strictly an issue related to the volume I'm restricted to at my apartment. I'll see what happens next practice.

Comment

Any improvement with the G-Major / 5150?

Comment

Hey bro I ran that with my Uber..My inpiut level is all the way amp..I turn the channel volume of my amp just until the red hardly blinks on the G..and use my output on the G-Major as the overall master volume.

I've been trying it other ways..but this way sounds best to my ears... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Hey just for thought..I remember liking my 5150s set to 4ohms for some reason..they sounded a bit better to me ..so I set my 5150 and cab to 4ohms..it just sounded tighter/sweeter..I don't know why..it just did.

BTW put the G-Major AFTER the BBE in the loop...that always sounded better too as well IMO..just trial and error tweakage I discovered thru the years..

take care , have fun..good luck

you should be kickin' ass big time in no time!!

Bill Z Bub.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Rob,

There was improvement. Basically at apartment safe volumes, the 5150 wasn't sending the G-Major enough signal! Since it isn't a master volume head, obviously I can't crank the channel levels and keep the master low. Sooooo....once I got it to practice everything was fine. I just have to spend more time tweaking it, which is a challenge in itself due to the limited time we have to practice these days.

Comment

I just got a G-Major with my 5150 and I had the same problem. It really seems that there isn't enough volume going through the g-major. I still have to keep tweaking it. There are so many features of the g-major that I like:

1. Tuner (with tuner mute)
                2. Tap Tempo (which can be assigned to a midi switch)
                3. Soft effect switching (effect coninue through when switching presets)
                4. Channel switching relays
                5. No preamp to color your tone.

BTW which midi controller are you using. I just got an ART x-15 and it works really nice.
                Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Keith,

I'm using an FCB1010 and it seems to work pretty good for what I need to do. It is huge though. At bedroom volumes with the 5150 I could not even get a signal to register through the G-Major....no bars showed up whatsoever no matter what I turned the knobs to. Once I got it cranked at practice though (both channel volumes around 3), all of a sudden the level meters were both about half to 3/4ths of the way up. How loud are you running the 5150?

Comment

I run my amp with the gain at about 3-4 and the level at 2-3. I did the whole "setting input level to consumer, setting output level to 2 or 8db" and it helped alot. Now I am really digging the g-major.
                    Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Working...
                    X