Soldano Avenger owners CHIME IN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldano Avenger owners CHIME IN

Tell me. I want to know everything. All the gory details regarding the infamous "Uber killer".

Re: Soldano Avenger owners CHIME IN

i as well am very interested..

Comment

Haven't tried one yet, but from what I gather it's basically a single channel amp which is the lead channel of the SLO. However, there are some differences... The Avenger doesn't use the DeYoung transformers found in the SLO and the tubes are mounted to the main PCB. There's also a EL34 version as well as the stock 5881 version. Sounds like a cool amp, especially for the price.

Comment

I was going to have an Avenger, but unfortunately it appears that FedEx lost it somewhere... Further details once everything gets resolved (be it they find the amp or a claim is filed)

Comment

I'd love to try one.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

anything from Soldano that isn't a SLO is based on the SLO circuit [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

They just need to make the SLO and be done with it because there is no subsitute, even from Soldano themselves [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              anything from Soldano that isn't a SLO is based on the SLO circuit [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

They just need to make the SLO and be done with it because there is no subsitute, even from Soldano themselves [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Comment

If it's just a heavier SLO I'm in..I love the tone of the SLO..but it's not near where I need to be.

I had a Soldano HR 100..it was alright...but the SLO smoked it!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

My underatanding is that the Avenger is simply the high gain channel from the SLO with a tweak to make it darker sounding if you desire. OK, I went to the website and here is what they say:

Soldano’s newest amp, the Avenger, gives you pure distilled Soldano
                  overdrive tone. Period. If you want the overdrive of the legendary SLO
                  100, and that’s all you want, this is the amp for you: a 100 watt head
                  with the SOL 100 overdrive circuit, and no channel switching or effects
                  loop to complicate things. Stripped to the bone, this simplified signal
                  path also improves dynamic response for a punchier sound.
                  High and low gain input jacks provide the option of using the full SLO
                  lead circuit or skipping the first gain stage for a darker crunch. In
                  addition to the preamp gain, bass, middle, treble, master volume and
                  presence controls, a depth control is included for boosting low end, and
                  a rotary impedance selector switch allows the use of 4, 8 or 16 ohm
                  speaker cabinets. The amp uses 5881/6L6 power tubes, like the SLO. An
                  EL34 version is also available.

Comment

It doesn't sound 'just like' an SLO. Hell, most of soldano's amps 'sound just like' an SLO. I've played a really nice SLO, owned a HR50+XL that I modded with a depth control, and heard that Avenger. The Avenger was like the SLO with bigger balls. But it didn't sound just like one either... think of an SLO with more gain, more low end and focus, and that's the Avenger.

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      ... think of an SLO with more gain, more low end and focus, and that's the Avenger.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
                      I can't even imagine something like this!It should be the ultimate amp for me! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

They are pretty cheap too... well, cheaper than most Boogies/Marshalls. There'e one at a local store that I've been eyeballin' for quite a while.

Comment

I'd have been all over it - but the one channel thing killed it for me. I really liked the HR 50+XL I had though!

Pete

Comment

I'd like to play one..

I just keep saying that don't I.

Pete , Please save me the work and just cut and paste that every once in a while for me will ya.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X