5150 solo boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5150 solo boost

What do you 5150 users use in the loop for solo boost?

Re: 5150 solo boost

well, because the loop is switchable i think a volume pedal set for your rhythm volume would work well.
    loop on = volume pedal engaged and set for your rhythm volume
    loop off = volume pedal disengaged = full power

only works if you don't use the loop for other effects, of course

Comment

Is there any preamp that works better than another. I usually use an overdrive pedal with the gain off and the volume up. In the past I have used the:
      Boss GE-7
      DOD 250
      DOD YJM308
      DOD FX10 BiFet Preamp
      These all worked with the best being the FX10. The only thing I didn't like about it was how touchy the switch was. You could literally breathe on it and it would turn on. I like a positive feeling "CLICK" when I step on a pedal.

I have a modded OD-3 but all it does is mud up the 5150's signal.

Comment

I've used an MXR ZW OD pedal, though with my Ultra Plus. That pedal doesn't seem to cut the bass like an SD-1 does. But I used it up front, not in the loop. Since you are asking specifically for something for in the loop, do you only want a volume boost, not a gain boost?

Comment

Use a pedal EQ with the volume and the mids accenuated...

I saw Arch Enemy, and Ammot was using an old Maestro Parametric pedal in the loop for solos...

5150s aren't impressed with input boost too much.

Comment

Another option for the EQ pedal is to keep it on for rhythms with the level set low. When you click it off, you are now at full power. I've found this approach to work better with an amp where you are already using a very saturated tone. Typically when you try to boost a heavily distorted amp, you end up getting more distortion and a loss of clarity/muddiness instead of a true boost in volume/output.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

5150s aren't impressed with input boost too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm...no?
              i wonder if you like the guitar sound of the latest kreator record (enemy of god)?

if so....well, i bet you already know what i'm about to say [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I put all my effects in the loop,.delay,chorus,etc...then for leads I use a boss compressor pedal with the sustain control turned all the way up and tweak the tone control to where I like it. The pedal is up front though,not running through the loop. OD's,distortions,etc all sound like crap to my ears running through the 5150,it's got all the gain I'll ever use,but the compressor really pushes it over the top to make leads sing.

Comment

I just use an SD-1 in front for boosts. Sounds good to me.

Comment

I use the compressor off of my G-Major (in the FX Loop) and it works just fine.
                    Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Working...
                    X